Docker for DevOps
Application development and life cycle management
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Looking to level up your skills by deploying your own web application? How about furthering your career by picking up years worth of general DevOps skills?
Prepare to get excited about Docker (and this course)!
Dozens of massive companies are using Docker every day but the awesome thing about Docker is it works incredibly well even for the smallest projects.
Nowadays learning about Docker and general DevOps skills is gaining massive momentum in the tech scene. It's similar to how mobile app development was a few years ago.
Companies are EXPECTING new developers to manage the full life cycle of their web applications. This means BOTH developing and deploying your apps.
Here's your chance to STAY AHEAD OF THE CURVE.
The Docker for DevOps course isn't just your run of the mill introduction to Docker course. You can get that info by skimming Docker's website.
This course shows you WHAT you can build with Docker and HOW to do it -- of course you'll learn the Docker basics along the way!
Together we'll walk through developing and deploying a multi-service Flask and Ruby on Rails application (more framework examples will be provided as bonus lectures too).
Oh and don't worry, you won't need Flask or Ruby on Rails experience to understand this course. The emphasis is on deploying a web application, not building one.
Learning by example is a great way to retain information and learn quickly.
"The course has a perfect balance between theory and practical material. At the end of the course, you have a working and secured web app with fully automated deployment along with an understanding of how it works. This is exactly what I wanted from the course."
Ready to level up?
Here's what you'll get when you sign up to my course today:
- You'll learn how to get your development environment set up to run Docker. Windows, Mac and Linux users will be able to follow along.
- Next, you'll learn the Docker basics and we'll complete a hello world example.
- You'll Dockize a Flask or Ruby on Rails application and pickup a few best practices on how to create a production ready application with those frameworks.
- You'll learn how to create a staging server so you can test your app.
- You'll learn how to keep your app running forever by getting a crash course with system.
- You'll learn how to configure and serve your app over SSL (HTTPS) with nginx.
- You'll get $10 in free hosting credits on Digital Ocean to deploy your application.
- You'll learn how to purchase and configure a domain name (and make it work with your new server).
- Finally, you'll learn how to obtain a FREE SSL certificate and hook it up.
I'll also give you tips on where to go next for topics such as:
- Adding more services to your app
- Scaling out beyond 1 host
- Monitoring and alerting
- Hooking up a continuous integration pipeline
- Dealing with centralized logging
- Looking into using various configuration management tools
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- What does the course cover 02:05 02:05
- Dealing with issues 01:44 01:44
- Life without docker 05:43 05:43
Building a Dockerized web app
Dockerized Flask app
Dockerized Rails app
Spinning up a staging server
Crash course with systemd
Adding nginx into the mix
Creating a production server
Registering a domain name
Obtaining an SSL certificate
Where to go next?
Stone River eLearning
At Stone River eLearning, technology is all we teach. If you're interested in IT, programming, development or design - we have it covered.
Check out our huge catalog of courses and join the over 1,200,000+ students currently taking Stone River eLearning courses. We currently offer 800+ different technology training courses on our Stone River eLearning website and are adding new courses on hot and trending topics every month. A subscription option is available for those with a real passion for learning.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now