Great course so far.
Do it Yourself - Automotive Electrical Diagnosis - Beginner
Learn to Eliminate the Possible Causes of Basic Automotive Electrical Faults oftentimes without even Touching the Car
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Master Technician and Instructor, Steve Liguori, Teaches Beginners, and Do-it-Yourselfers how to Understand Automotive Electrical Wiring Diagrams and Schematics. He Demonstrates a Process that can Promote Quick and Accurate Diagnostic Results.
The Achievable Goal for Some Students will be to Diagnose their own Vehicle's Electrical Problems. For Others, the Knowledge Gained from Practicing what is Taught in this Program will allow them to Narrow Down the Possible Causes for a Fault they are Experiencing, as well as give them the Confidence to Recognize if the Service Center they utilize is Honest and Competent.
The more you practice what is taught in this course and Apply the Process to various wiring diagrams on your car, the more Comfortable and Proficient you will become. This course explains the foundation material necessary to Understand many Basic Electrical Circuits.
Steve has Educated Thousands of Students over the years, and has found a way to Cut to the Chase and provide large amounts of information and understanding in a small amount of time. The explanations and the animations clearly are a huge benefit to solidify the students understanding of the concepts.
Spend a few hours Learning, Reviewing and Practicing the Principles in this Course and you will be well on your way to the Basic Automotive Electrical Understanding You Desire!
What will you learn in this course:
- Understand Basic Automotive Electrical Schematics Diagrams.
- Utilize a Diagnostic Process to isolate the vehicle's electrical problem.
- Diagnosis is a process of narrowing down what can be wrong by eliminating all the parts of the circuit that are good based on the condition experienced. We work like a detective until the remaining guilty component or wiring is found. The schematic, and often times one or two measurements is all that is needed.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- No Prior Automotive or Electrical Understanding is Required. Just a desire to learn and a willingness to practice the diagnostic process.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
The Basics - Electrical Circuit Fundamentals
- Welcome and Introduction 02:52 02:52
- Voltage Current Resistance 03:55 03:55
- What Every Circuit Needs 01:06 01:06
- What Every Circuit Needs - Applied to a Schematic 01:59 01:59
- Power Load and Ground - Can it Be this Easy? 02:10 02:10
- Power Load and Ground - Explained Using a Schematic 04:16 04:16
Diagnostic Basics and Circuit Types
Diagnosing Faults Using Schematics
Steven LiguoriPeace Be the Journey!
Steve is an ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certified master automotive technician for over 35 Years. Back in the day, he was the 'go to' guy for vehicles that no one else could fix, as well as a shop foreman and instructor of fellow technicians. After 26 years specializing in diagnosing electrical and electronics systems, Steve made the move to become an automotive instructor and spent the next 10 years at an automotive technical school in New York. There he received a recognition award as a top instructor.
Steven Liguori brings to the table an unprecedented passion for teaching. Years of coaching new and experienced students have given him the understanding of what struggling students need most: clear explanations of the information that will lead them to the success they are looking for. Steve teaches in a way that lets the students realize that 'they can do this', not how hard it is. He is passionate about teaching and takes pride in every light bulb he can turn on.
Steve offers online courses in automotive, electrical, and electronics.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now