- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Do genetic combination of mothers play a significant role in determining the sex of new born?
In humans, every cell contains 23 pairs of chromosomes or 46 chromosomes.
Out of these 46 chromosomes, 44 chromosomes are autosomes and 2 are sex chromosomes.
The two sex chromosomes in females are similar to each other and written as XX, while in male, they are dissimilar and mentioned as XY.
The gametes produced by females (ovum) contains all (22 + X) type of chromosomes, while male gametes (sperms) contains either (22 + X) or (22 + Y) type of chromosomes.
Therefore, the sex of the child is determined by the chromosome type of the father of the child and not by the mother of the child.
- Pure Play Technique of Determining the Divisional Cost of Capital
- What role does the Psychiatrist play in the modern world?
- WACC method in determining the value of a project
- What are chromosomes? What role they play in human beings?
- What are Genetic Algorithms?
- Minimum Genetic Mutation in C++
- Create a new user and set role in MongoDB
- Find most significant set bit of a number in C++
- Print Kth least significant bit of a number in C++
- Create a data.table object of combination of correlation coefficients.
- Determining the position and length of the match Java regex
- Using the combination of Percentage and Em in CSS
- Potier Triangle Method – Determining the Voltage Regulation of Alternators