Digital Citizenship and Internet Maturity - Basics
Learn to make the best use of Internet for education & career, while staying safe online!
Updated on Dec, 2023
Language - English
Duration -2.5 hours
- This course gives you the ‘License’ to use Internet. Becoming Internet Mature makes you street-smart and world-wise by 21st century standards.
- Its your guide to take the maximum benefit of Internet in education. You are probably unaware about the best sources of knowledge and learning-tools on the Internet. This course will not only make you aware about those, it will also tell you the best way to utilize them.
- It helps to create a strong foundation for your 21st century career. Internet is a critical part of professional life in the 21st century. All the points mentioned above are important for becoming a mature professional. You know... ‘Survival of the FITTEST'.
- It is an eye-opener on online safety-risks, legal problems, reputation issues, and addiction problems. This is another aspect of Internet, about which people are ignorant. This course will tell you about such risks and how you can avoid them.
- It makes your education “complete” by 21st century standards because ’Digital Citizenship’ has emerged as a critical part of education in 21st century. This course ensures that you develop the necessary Digital Citizenship skills in an enjoyable manner.
- Finally, you must take it because... it will be fun :)
What will you learn in this course:
- You will gain in-depth understanding of all the important topics of Digital Citizenship & Internet Maturity. This will help you utilize the power of Internet in your education & career, while staying safe from its threats & dangers.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Basic English Language Skills
- Basic Internet Browsing Skills
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
PART-I : INTRODUCTION TO DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP & INTERNET MATURITY
- Chapter 1: Introduction: What is Digital Citizenship & Internet Maturity? 08:24 08:24
- Chapter 2: What is 'Web 2.0'? 08:40 08:40
- Chapter 3: Content Creation & Sharing Concepts 13:38 13:38
PART-II : NETWORKING & COLLABORATION
PART-III : GIVE & TAKE KNOWLEDGE
PART-IV : BE SAFE, BE RESPONSIBLE
PART-V : IMPORTANT LESSONS FOR CAREER & LIFE IN THE 21ST CENTURY
Raghu PandeyDigital Citizenship Expert & Author
I am Computer Science Engineer and the founder of iMature. I have authored India’s only book on Digital Citizenship & Internet Maturity (DCIM), titled “Become an iMature Student”. DCIM is considered as one of the most important parts of 21st century education. My start-up iMature has been instrumental in implementing Digital Citizenship & Internet Maturity programs in the curricula of various schools and colleges. Those programs are now training hundreds of students and even teachers to become 21st century ready.
I am extremely passionate about bringing the spirit of innovation into educational institutes.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now