- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Differentiate between HTTP and HTTPS in Computer Network.
HTTP stands for "Hypertext Transfer Protocol." HTTP is the protocol used to transfer data over the web. It is part of the Internet protocol suite and defines commands and services used for transmitting web page data.
HTTP uses a server-client model. A client, for example, maybe a home computer, laptop, or mobile device. The HTTP server is typically a web host running web server software, such as Apache or IIS.
When you access a website, your browser sends a request to the corresponding web server, and it responds with an HTTP status code. If the URL is valid and the connection is granted, the server will send your browser the web page and related files.
HTTPS stands for Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure. The HTTP protocol does not provide the security of the data, while HTTP ensures the security of the data. Therefore, we can say that HTTPS is a secure version of the HTTP protocol.
This protocol allows transferring the data in an encrypted form. The use of HTTPS protocol is mainly required where we need to enter the bank account details. The HTTPS protocol is mainly used where we require to enter the login credentials.
The major differences between HTTP and HTTPS are as follows −
|HTTP stands for "Hypertext Transfer Protocol."||HTTPS stands for Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure.|
|It is unsecured.||It is secured.|
|HTTP does not scramble the data to be transmitted. That's why there is a higher chance that transmitted information is available to hackers.||HTTPS scrambles the data before transmission. At the receiver end, it descrambles to recover the original data. Therefore, the transmitted information is secure, which can't be hacked.|
|It does not need a secure sockets layer (SSL).||It requires a secure sockets layer (SSL) Certificate.|
|It is mainly used for those websites that provide information like blog writing.||It is used for those websites that require to transmit the bank account details or credit card numbers.|
|It is written in the address bar as http://.||It is written in the address bar as https://.|
|The page loading speed is fast.||The page loading speed is slow as compared to HTTP because of the additional feature that it supports, i.e., security.|
- Difference Between HTTP and HTTPS
- Differentiate between CIFS and NFS in Computer Network.
- Differentiate between DIMM and SIMM in Computer Network
- Differentiate between IMAP and POP3 in Computer Network.
- Differentiate between FDM and TDM in Computer Network.
- Differentiate between NAS and DAS in Computer Network.
- Differentiate between DAS and SAN in Computer Network.
- Differentiate between GSM and CDMA in Computer Network.
- Differentiate between I2C and SPI Protocol in Computer Network.
- Differentiate between Datagram Approach and Virtual Circuit in Computer Network.
- Differentiate between Synchronous TDM and Asynchronous TDM in Computer Network
- Differentiate between IEEE 802.3 and IEEE 802.5 in Computer Network.
- What is the HTTP in the Computer Network?
- Difference between NAS and SAN in Computer Network
- Difference between Cache and Cookies in Computer Network?