- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between Testing vs. Checking
In general we can say that both Testing and Checking are used to evaluate a product that whether product is at per the mark and behave as per expectation. Both of these processes are performed before delivery of the product to ensure the delivery of correct and genuine product.
Now the basis of process of both there could be some important differences between both which are as follow.
Following are the important differences between Testing and Checking.
|1||Definition||Testing could be defined as a process of validate a product along with learning about that product by investigating and exploring the product during the process.||On other hand Checking could be defined as the process where one verify a particular functionality which is expected to be present in the product, is working fine or not. It is generally done for the feature verification of product which is working fine before the code changes.|
|2||Covering area||Testing mostly focus on the area of functionality which is newly developed according to the new requirement or enhancement in the product.||While Checking is primarily focused to ensure the expected working of existing functionality.|
|3||Performers||It is simple to state that the one who perform testing is known as Tester.||On other hand one who perform checking is known as Checker.|
|4||Outcome||Outcome of testing generally represented as expected or not also outcome is compared with the predefined expected result.||On other hand in case Checking outcome is represented as YES or NO i.e. whether a particular functionality is working fine or not.|
|5||Update||In testing testers need not to update regarding what happens other area of the product or what are the new updates that recently take place.||While in case of Checking checkers need to get updated as they need to check the functionality after update whether it is working fine after update too or not.|
|6||Quality Assurance||Testing of a product generally gives the quality assurance which helps the developers, project managers to decide about the project that how many defects or bugs their product currently have.||On other hand Checking is a quality assurance practice which is done by programmers to help them check the quality assurance of the work done by them.|
- Load Testing vs Stress Testing vs Performance Testing – What's the Difference?
- Differences between Black Box Testing vs. White Box Testing.
- Frontend Testing Vs. Backend Testing: What’s the Difference?
- Difference between Agile Testing and Waterfall Testing.
- Difference between Software Testing and Embedded Testing
- Difference between Frontend Testing and Backend Testing
- Difference between System Testing and Acceptance Testing.
- Difference between Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Sandwich Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and System Testing
- Difference between Performance Testing and Stress Testing
- Difference between Performance Testing and Load Testing
- Difference Between System Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between Globalization Testing and Localization Testing
- Alpha Testing Vs Beta Testing – What’s the Difference?