- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference Between Process and Thread in Java
In this post, we will understand the difference between a process and thread in Java.
It refers to a program in execution.
It takes more time to create a process.
It takes more time to get terminated.
It takes more time to switch the contexts.
It consumes more resources of the system.
It is less efficient in terms of communication.
It is an isolated characteristic.
It is also known as a heavy weight process.
When switching from one process to another, it uses the interface in an operating system.
If one server process gets blocked, no other server process can be executed until the previous process gets unblocked.
It has its own Process Control Block, Stack and Address Space.
It refers to the segment of the process.
It takes less time to create a process.
It takes less time to get terminated.
It takes less time to switch the contexts.
It consumes less resources of the system.
They also share memory.
It is also known as a light-weight process.
It is more efficient in communication.
Switching from one thread to another doesn’t require a call to the operating system.
It doesn’t interrupt the kernel.
When one server thread has been block, the second thread can run on the same task.
It uses its parent’s Process Control Block.
It uses its own Thread Control Block, Stack and Common Address Space.
- Difference between Process and Thread
- Difference between Thread and Runnable in Java
- Difference Between Thread Class and Runnable Interface in Java
- Difference Between Program and Process
- Difference Between Product and Process
- Difference between Fixed thread pool and cached thread pool.
- Difference between green and native thread
- Difference between Goroutine and Thread in Golang.
- Difference between Product and Process in software development
- Difference between scheduledThread pool and Single Thread Executor.
- What is the difference between process and program?
- What's the difference between a context switch, a process switch and a thread switch in Linux?
- Difference between Go and Java.
- Difference Between C++ and Java