- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference Between Phishing and Spoofing
In this post, we will understand the difference between phishing and spoofing −
It is an identity theft where a person tries to use the identity of a legitimate user.
It can be a part of phishing.
It can happen when a user downloads a malicious software on their computer.
It is done with the aim of getting a new identity.
Examples of spoofing include IP spoofing, Email spoofing, URL spoofing.
It is the phenomenon where the attacker steals sensitive and confidential information from the user.
This confidential information could include PIN numbers, passwords, and bank details.
It is not considered as a part of spoofing.
It is done using social engineering methods.
The purpose of phishing is to get confidential information from the victim.
Examples of phishing include phone phishing where the attacker asks the user for OTP, and clone phishing.
- Difference between Spoofing and Phishing
- Difference between Phishing and Vishing
- Difference between Spear Phishing and Whaling
- What are the differences between Phishing and Spear Phishing?
- Content Spoofing
- What is Phishing?
- What is Spoofing and what are its types?
- What is Email Spoofing?
- What is GPS spoofing?
- What is IP Spoofing? (Process and How to Prevent)
- What is Spear Phishing?
- What is Phone Number Spoofing and How to Stop It?
- What is Vishing (Voice Phishing)?
- Difference Between & and &&
- What is spear phishing and how can you avoid it?