Develop RESTful Java Web Services using JAX-RS and Jersey
Everything you need to know for developing your RESTful web service.
Updated on Dec, 2023
Language - English
Duration -2 hours
AX-RS the Java API for RESTful Web Services is a Java programming language API specification that provides support in creating web services according to the Representational State Transfer (REST) architectural pattern. JAX-RS uses annotations, introduced in Java SE 5, to simplify the development and deployment of web service clients and endpoints.
From version 1.1 on, JAX-RS is an official part of Java EE 6. A notable feature of being an official part of Java EE is that no configuration is necessary to start using JAX-RS. For non-Java EE 6 environments a small entry in the web.xml deployment descriptor is required.
This course will guide you through the steps in creating powerful RESTful web services using the Java official API.
Who this course is for:
- Java developers
What will you learn in this course:
- Setup a Java development environment using Java 8, Eclipse & Tomcat 9 on your computer
- Create a new maven project & add the necessary library dependencies for creating your first JAX-RS web service
- Code your web services to respond with different MIME types
- Handle errors
- Create web services that support CRUD operations
- Test your Java web services with the Postman Chrome extension
- Build and deploy web services
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Basic knowledge of Java programming language
- Basic knowledge of web applications
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Welcome to the world of web services
- Course intro 02:37 02:37
- Overview of RESTful web services. 02:18 02:18
- Overview of JAX-RS 04:00 04:00
Create REST services
Setting up the database for our web service
Creating the DAO Layer for our web service
Performing CRUD operations
Custom representations (other than JSON or XML)
Building and deploying
Import my project into your Eclipse IDE
Vinod Kumar KayartayaEvangelist, Consultant and Developer.
Hi. My name is Vinod and I am a software trainer, consultant and freelance developer in Bangalore, India.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now