Design of Steel Structures, part 2 of 3
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
This is part 2 of 3 of the Design of Steel Structures course. It has 10 chapters. The following are the chapters taught in this part:
1. Design of Bolted Connections II.
2. Some Truss Details.
3. Lacing Bars and Batten Plates.
4. Welded connections.
5. Design of Beams I.
6. Design of Beams II.
7. Portal Frames.
8. Girts, Bracings and End gable Columns.
9. Systems, Part I.
10. Systems, Part II.
There are 10 more chapters remaining of the course. These will be taught in Part 3 of the course.
What will you learn in this course:
- The main objective of the course is to introduce students to the ways steel structures and their elements are designed. If you are a design engineer practicing already, then this full course will serve as a good review. If you're a student on the other hand, then this course will provide a very good understanding for the design of Steel Structures.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
Basics of structural analysis
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Chapter 11: Design of Bolted Connections I
- Chap 11 - Lect 2 20:23 20:23
- Chap 11 - Lect 3 19:53 19:53
- Chap 11 - Lect 4 22:40 22:40
- Chap 11 - Lect 1 22:40 22:40
- Chap 11 - Lect 5 42:08 42:08
- Chap 11 - Lect 6 28:58 28:58
- Chap 11 - Lect 7 18:25 18:25
Chapter 12: Some Truss Details
Chapter 13: Lacing Bars and Batten Plates
Chapter 14: Welded connections
Chapter 15: Design of Beams I
Chapter 16: Design of Beams II
Chapter 17: Portal Frames
Chapter 18: Girts, Bracings and End-gable Columns
Chapter 19: Systems, Part I
Chapter 20: Systems, Part II
I am a Civil Structural Engineer with a Master's degree in Civil Engineering from SDSU SD USA, 4 Professional Engineer licenses in Canada and over 20 years of exposure to Civil Engineering from Canada, USA and Egypt. Currently, and since April 2015, I have been working with a consultant from Klamath Falls OR USA as a Licensed Engineer II. I have reviewed and approved/ stamped many Canadian projects since then. I have taught in 2 Engineering colleges in BC, Canada.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now