- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Define the term tissue"."
A tissue is a group of cells having a similar structure organized to perform one or more specific functions, in a multicellular organism. There are four basic tissue types defined by their morphology and function: epithelial tissue, connective tissue, muscle tissue, and nervous tissue.
The term "tissue" was coined by a great histologer named Marie Francois Xavier Bi-Chat. Then, organs are formed by grouping together multiple tissues according to their function.
There are "four" different types of tissues found in animals:
1. Connective Tissue
2. Muscle Tissue
3. Nervous Tissue, and
4. Epithelial Tissue.
In terms of botany, tissues are classified into three main types such as parenchyma, collenchyma, and sclerenchyma.
1. Parenchyma: Parenchyma tissues possess living cells, with thin cell walls. They are oval, elongated, and loosely packed with large intercellular spaces and dense cytoplasm.
They are located in the soft parts of the plant such as the cortex and pith.
2. Collenchyma: Collenchyma tissue possesses living cells with thick corners of the cell wall. They are oval-shaped, elongated, and tightly packed with no intercellular spaces.
They are located in the leaf stalks, below the epidermis in leaves and stem.
3. Sclerenchyma: Sclerenchymatous tissues possess dead cells with very thick cell walls due to lignin deposition. They are narrow and elongated.
These tissues are located in the leaf veins, surrounding the vascular bundle, and hard coverings of the seeds and nuts.
- "static const" vs "#define" vs "enum" ?
- Why is the term "Bachelor" used in educational qualifications?
- How can you explain the spiritual term "Material Happiness" scientifically?
- The "E" and "e" custom specifiers in C#
- What's the difference between "!!" and "?" in Kotlin?
- Difference between "." and "#" selector in CSS
- What is the difference between "std::endl" and " " in C++?
- What is the difference between "const" and "val" in Kotlin?
- What is the difference between "var" and "val" in Kotlin?
- Month ("M", "m") Format Specifier in C#
- Java regex program to match parenthesis "(" or, ")".
- Difference between "fold" and "reduce" in Kotlin
- Difference between "*" and "Any" in Kotlin generics
- What's the difference between "STL" and "C++ Standard Library"?
- What's the difference between "update" and "update_idletasks" in Tkinter?
- What is the difference between "profit" and "cash flow from operations"?