Darvas Box Method & Strategy For Stocks & Financial Trading
Learn this unique method of trading that made him one of the most successful traders in the late 1950s!
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Nicolas Darvas is a little known and often forgotten trading legend from the 1950's. He was a professional dancer turned retail trader who managed to turn $10,000 to $2 million in 18 months in the late 1950s trading US stocks using his own unique and original methods! His story is inspirational, and this course breaks down his approach to trading and builds that knowledge into useable trading strategy approaches that you could deploy today, across markets (not just stocks) and timeframes.
I use my own updated method of the Darvas approach in my trading and technical analysis, further refined using my own 25+ years successful financial markets professional experience and leading technical analysis knowledge. You will learn how to apply the 'updated' concept using a systematic technical analysis process as well as being able to use and enhance the learnings of this course into your own trading strategy ideas.
Darvas also taught us a lot about trading psychology, what I like to call 'trading smart thinking', strategy design & implementation and much more, which we will study on the course, that can also fundamentally help your trading and investing approach.
This course IS NOT a get rich quick scheme. This course is more than just trying to replicate and enhance one mans efforts to conquer Wall Street, but also an essential guide for you to how you can build and implement a trading strategy, master trading psychology and apply useful Risk & Trade management techniques. It should be thought of as a course that will aid your trading education and journey and possibly give you another set of very useful trading tools and new ideas to give you an 'edge' on the markets.
2 'psychology tests' to see whether you've got the mental strength to be a successful trader!
A trading plan template for you to develop and use in your trading.
I look forward to seeing you on the course!
What will you learn in this course:
- You will learn all about Nicolas Darvas and his unique method of trading that turned $10,000 to $2 million in 18 months in the late 1950s!
- You will learn that his methods can still be used today.
- You will then be able to apply this strategy approach that we will update to the 'modern' world of trading and apply it across markets (not just stocks) and timeframes.
- If nothing else, this course will give you a great insight into a very successful 'retail' trader and give you some new tools to add into your trading and investing.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- The course is for all abilities, but a prior knowledge of Technical Analysis and trading would be advantageous but not essential.
- You will need a Technical Analysis charting package that allows you to utilise Darvas Box.
- If you don't have this, don't worry we can point you in the right direction within the course (the free intro Section 1 covers this).
- If you just want to learn about Darvas Box for purely educational purposes and don't want to apply it practically then you wont need a Technical Analysis charting package.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- 1.1 Introduction 12:12 12:12
3.0 Using the Darvas Box method today
4.0 Refining the Darvas Box method further for your trading
5.0 Course Roundup
Stephen HoadTHE STOP HUNTER
Stephen Hoad BA (Hons) MSc MSTA
An algorithmic, quantitative, technical analyst trader who founded THE STOP HUNTER, a financial markets trading, fund, training, FinTech company, in 2015. He has 25+ years global financial markets experience as a PM, proprietary trader, options trader, quantitative analyst and senior risk manager. He is now the CIO of his own fund.
He has previously held senior roles at Koch Industries, Merrill Lynch, WestLB and Mitsubishi UFJ Securities, where he specialised in commodities, technical analysis, systematic/automated trading, derivatives products, financial & quantitative theory and risk management.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now