- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Correct the following:
$(i)$. The motion of a swing is an example of rectilinear motion.
$(ii).\ 1\ m=1000\ cm$
$(i)$. The motion of a swing is not an example of rectilinear motion. The motion of a swing is an example of periodic motion.
$(ii).\ 1\ m≠1000\ cm$
$1\ m=100\ cm$
- Related Articles
- Fill in the blanks:$(i)$. One metre is ______________ cm.$(ii)$. Five kilometre is ______________ m.$(iii)$. Motion of a child on a swing is ______________.$(iv)$. Motion of the needle of a sewing machine is ______________.$(v)$. Motion of wheel of a bicycle is______________.
- Write one example for each of the following type of motion.$(i)$. Rectilinear$(ii)$. Circular$(iii)$. Periodic$(iv)$. Circular and periodic
- A fielder giving a swing while catching a ball is an example of: I. Inertia II. MomentumIII. Newton’s II law of motionIV. Newton’s I law of motion
- Rectilinear Motion of Particles
- What is Rectilinear motion?
- Fill in the blanks.$(i)$. Motion of an object or a part of it around a fixed point is known as_______ motion.$(ii)$. A body repeating its motion after certain interval of time is in_______ motion.$(iii)$. In rectilinear motion, object moves a______ line______.$(iv)$. SI unit of length is_______.
- Boojho was riding in his bicycle along a straight road. He classified the motion of various parts of the bicycle as$(i)$. rectilinear motion,$(ii)$. circular motion and$(iii)$. both rectilinear as well as circular motion. Can you list one part of the bicycle for each type of motion? Support your answer with reason.
- Give an example of linear motion
- Classify the following as motion along a straight line, circular or oscillatory motion:$(i)$. Motion of your hands while running.$(ii)$. Motion of a horse pulling a cart on a straight road.$(iii)$. Motion of a child in a merry-go-round.$(iv)$. Motion of a child on a see-saw.$(v)$. Motion of the hammer of an electric bell.$(vi)$. Motion of a train on a straight bridge.
- Find the value:1000 cm $-$ 1 m
- Is a Periodic motion is the same as an Oscillatory motion?
- Is oscillatory motion the second name of periodic motion?
- Which of the following is most likely not a case of uniform circular motion?a). Motion of the earth around the sunb). Motion of a toy train on a circular trackc). Motion of a racing car on a circular trackd). Motion of hours’ hand on the dial of a clock
- Give one example of a motion where an object does not change its speed but its direction of motion changes continuously.
- Define ‘state of motion’ of an object. Name the ‘agent’ which can change the state of motion of an object.