- Deforestation is the removal of a forest or stand of trees from land and using that land for other purposes.
- Causes of Deforestation are man-made as well as natural.
- Deforestation is causing immense damage in the form of increase in temperature, droughts, floods, desertification, loss of habitat of animals and plants, etc.
- We must conserve forests as they provide home to nearly half of all species found on earth. Forests preserve biodiversity and reduce air pollution by filtering the air.
- The forests can be conserved by controlling forests fires and planting more trees. We should spray chemicals & antibiotics to protect forests from pests and diseases.
- Wildlife conservation is important as it protects biodiversity, promotes tourism and provides jobs to lacs of people etc.
- We can conserve wildlife by putting an end to unauthorized cutting of forest trees, moving towards a plant-based diet, by establishing more number of national parks and sanctuaries etc.
- Each plant and animal has its own role to play in the ecosystem. All the species of plants and animals form part of food chains and food webs. If we go on cutting trees and and do not take necessary steps to conserve forests and wildlife, the day is not far when human race would also be in great danger.
Who this course is for:
- The students who are interested in Conservation of Plants and Animals
What will you learn in this course:
- What is the meaning of Deforestation?
- What are the causes and consequences of Deforestation?
- Why should we protect wildlife and forests?
- How can we conserve forests and wildlife?
- What is the meaning of Endangered Species, Endemic Species and Extinct Species?
What are the prerequisites for this course?
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Conservation of Plants and Animals
- Introduction 01:46 01:46
- Meaning, Causes and Consequences of Deforestation 09:43 09:43
- Conservation of Forests and wildlife - Why and How 12:12 12:12
- Flora, Fauna, Wildlife Sanctuary, Endemic Species, National Park etc. 08:49 08:49
- Red Data Book, Migration of Birds, Endangered Species, Reforestation etc. 14:08 14:08
- NCERT Questions 1 to 3 15:13 15:13
- NCERT Questions 4 to 11 23:10 23:10
Prabh Kirpa Classes
This channel is purely education based. Our aim is to ensure that the students are able to understand each and every question in an easy way. We take pride in providing quality educational services to the students of Class VII to Class XI Science NCERT, English, Computer Solutions, Mathematics & Business Studies. Our goal is to help the leaders of tomorrow to learn to succeed today.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now