- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Complete the following word puzzle with the help of clues given below.
1. Providing water to the crops.
2. Keeping crop grains for a long time under proper conditions.
5. Certain plants of the same kind grown on a large scale.
3. A machine used for cutting the matured crop.
4. A rabi crop that is also one of the pulses.
6. A process of separating the grain from chaff.
1. Providing water to the crops: Irrigation
2. Keeping crop grains for a long time under proper conditions: Storage
5. Certain plants of the same kind grown on a large scale: Crop
3. A machine used for cutting the matured crop: Harvester
4. A rabi crop that is also one of the pulse: Gram
6. A process of separating the grain from chaff: Winnowing
Crops can be improved by adopting proper farm practices, adequate irrigation and drainage systems, and the usage of herbicides, pesticides, and fertilizers in appropriate quantities.
In modern techniques, crops are improved through genetic techniques such as gene transfer to form genetically modified crops (GM Crops) or conventional methods like hybridization. These genetic methods are also used to produce high-yielding varieties (HYV) seeds, which upon cultivation provide a high yield.
Winnowing is a farming method, used to separate heavier and lighter components of a mixture by wind or by blowing air. This process is used by farmers to separate lighter husk particles from heavier seeds of grain. A husk is lighter than the wheat grains, it can be blown away from the grains by a toss in the air.
Irrigation is the process of supplying a required amount of water to plants at needed intervals. It helps to grow agricultural crops, maintains landscapes, and also provides the barren land with a new vegetative cover during periods of average or less rainfall.
There are different types of irrigation systems, such as:
1. Sprinkler irrigation
2. River-lift irrigation
3. Canal irrigation
4. Drip irrigation
5. Tube-well irrigation, and many more.
- When was the word Hindu used for the first time?
- Wait for an Ajax call to complete with Selenium 2 WebDriver.
- How to get the start time of a long running Linux Process?
- Python Pandas - Find the end time for the given Period object
- Python Pandas - Find the start time for the given Period object
- Explain the concept of magnetic disk with the help of a diagram(DBMS)
- What are the health benefits of rice water for babies?
- How to display the complete text one word per line in C language?
- Calculate the following with data(assumed) provided:
- How to get Time in Milliseconds for the Given date and time in Java?
- Explain the concept of LOCK PROMOTION with the help of an example
- Python Pandas - Display the end time of the period for each element in the given PeriodIndex object
- Can anyone help me with Eclipse configuration for SAP HANA Cloud platform? Below is schema details:
- Program to reverse the position of each word of a given string in Python