- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Complete the following statements:
(i) Probability of an event E + Probability of the event ‘not E’ = …...
(ii) The probability of an event that cannot happen is ….... Such an event is called …....
(iii) The probability of an event that is certain to happen is ….... Such an event
is called …....
(iv) The sum of the probabilities of all the elementary events of an experiment is …....
(v) The probability of an event is greater than or equal to and less than or equal to …....
We have to fill in the blanks.
(i) The sum of the probabilities of an event and its complement is 1.
Therefore, the probability of an event \( E+ \) Probability of event 'not \( E'=1 \).
(ii) The probability of an event that cannot happen is $0$. Such an event is called impossible event.
(iii) The probability of an event that is certain to happen is $1$. Such an event is called sure event.
(iv) The set of all possible outcomes of an experiment is called the sample space of that experiment.
The sum of the probabilities of all the elementary events of an experiment is $1$.
(v) The probability of an event is greater than or equal to $0$ and less than or equal to $1$.
- Subjective Probability Vs. Objective Probability
- A matrix probability question ?
- PyTorch – How to invert the colors of an image randomly with a given probability?
- Probability that the pieces of a broken stick form a n sided polygon in C++
- What are the differences between an event listener interface and an event adapter class in Java?
- Probability of a random pair being the maximum weighted pair in C++
- What is an Event Handling and describe the components in Event Handling in Java?
- Probability of rain on N+1th day in C++
- Probability of A winning the match when individual probabilities of hitting the target given in C++
- How to check the element type of an event target with jQuery?
- Find probability that a player wins when probabilities of hitting the target are given in C++
- A matrix probability question in C?
- Airplane Seat Assignment Probability in C++