- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Compare contrast nervous and hormonal mechanisms for control and coordination in animals.
|Nervous system||Endocrine system|
1. It is made of neurons.
1. It is made of secretory cells called glands.
|2. Messages are transmitted in the form of electric impulses.||2. Messages are transmitted in the form of chemicals called hormones.|
|3. The brain and the spinal cord constitute the nervous system.||3. The glands and organs like the thyroid, pituitary glands, and reproductive organs (ovaries and testes) are involved in the endocrine system.|
|4. The path of transmission of messages is the long fiber nerves.|
4. The path of transmission of messages is the main bloodstream.
|5. The nervous system controls both voluntary and involuntary actions.||5. The endocrine system regulates only involuntary actions.|
|6. The responses caused by the nervous system are localized.||5. The responses caused by the endocrine system are widespread.|
- Do animals also understand and show love?
- Explain and contrast value types and reference types in C#
- Difference between flow control and congestion control
- Distributed Coordination Function (DCF)
- Point Coordination Function (PCF)
- Control unit and CPU
- Altering the brightness and contrast of an image using JavaFX and OpenCV
- Nanosensors – Our Plants and Animals Knows it Long Before
- What are program flow mechanisms?
- Compare depreciation and amortisation.
- Compare shares and debentures.
- Compare CAPEX and OPEX.
- Compare equity and commodity.
- Compare credit and debit.
- Compare time and money.
- Compare industry and sector.