- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Compare and contrast the arrangement of elements in Mendeleev’s Periodic Table and the Modern Periodic Table.
|Mendeleev’s Periodic Table||Modern Periodic Table|
|(i) Elements are arranged in the order of increasing atomic mass.||(i) Elements are arranged in the order of increasing atomic number.|
|(ii) There are nine vertical columns called groups.||(ii) There are eighteen vertical columns called groups.|
|(iii) There is no place for noble gases.||(iii) Noble gases are placed on the right-hand side of the table.|
|(iv) There is no place for isotopes.||(iv) Isotope are kept at the same place because their atomic number is the same.|
|(v) Transition elements are placed together in group VIII.||(v) Transition elements are placed in the middle of the long period (Group 3 to 12).|
Periodic table: A periodic table is a tabular display of all the chemical elements that are arranged by the order of their atomic number, electronic configuration, and recurring chemical properties.
It displays the names, atomic numbers, symbols and atomic weights of known elements. It serves as a great tool for solving chemistry problems.
- Who was the inventor of Periodic Table?
- Signals and Systems: Periodic and Aperiodic Signals
- Signals and Systems – Fourier Transform of Periodic Signals
- Fourier Series Representation of Periodic Signals
- Detection of Periodic Signals in the Presence of Noise (by Autocorrelation)
- Detection of Periodic Signals in the Presence of Noise (by Cross-Correlation)
- Average Power Calculations of Periodic Functions Using Fourier Series
- Laplace Transform of Periodic Functions (Time Periodicity Property of Laplace Transform)
- What are the elements of modern computers?
- INSERT INTO table if a table exists in MySQL else implement CREATE TABLE and create the table
- Altering the brightness and contrast of an image using JavaFX and OpenCV
- Implement GREATEST() in MySQL and update the table?
- Difference Between Fact Table and Dimension Table
- Bootstrap Table Elements
- Arrangement of words without changing the relative position of vowel and consonants?
- How to get the first and last record of the table in MySQL?