- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Collect some samples of cloth materials made up of natural and synthetic fibers. Compare their texture and strength. Make an album/scrapbook by pasting these pieces and writing differences you observed among them.
Natural fibers are present in nature, e.g., cotton whereas synthetic fibers are made by man, e.g., nylon.
Natural fibers are better than synthetic fibers because they absorb sweat, give a cooling effect and comfort in any season.
| Natural fibers|| wool, cotton, jute, and silk.|
|Synthetic fibers||nylon, polyester.|
Acrylic is a synthetic fibre which appears to resemble wool. It is flexible, resistant to moth, oil and chemicals. It is used for making sweaters and tracksuits and also for the linings of boots and gloves.
Rayon is the man-made fibre which is regarded as artificial silk. It is obtained by the chemical treatment of wood pulp or cellulose.
- Synthetic fibres absorb very less water and they dry up quickly.
- They are durable and are less expensive.
- They are readily available and are easy to maintain.
- Due to such unique properties, synthetic fibres are used to make dress materials.
Originally, denim jeans were made from cotton fiber through weaving thus it was considered a natural product. But, with the evolving technology, variants of denim like stretch and lycra are manufactured using synthetic fibers. Thus, jeans can be made of natural or synthetic fibers.
Parachutes are made from light and strong fabric, like nylon.
Parachutes are dome-shaped with rectangles used to carry a variety of loads, such as people, food, equipment, space capsules, and bombs.
Nylon fibers are useful in making rope because of their strong nature.
- How to wash shoes made up of cloth at home?
- Materials Used for Heating Elements and the Causes of their Failure
- Make the Arduino sleep and then wake up
- Check if product of first N natural numbers is divisible by their sum in Python
- What are some natural Contraceptives?
- Compute the sign and natural logarithm of the determinant of an array in Python
- Types of DBMS Entities and their examples
- Different Types of Transformers and Their Applications
- Types of Motor Enclosures and Their Applications
- Find the Nth Number Made Up of only Odd Digits using C++
- Different Types of Electric Lamps and Their Features
- Different Types of Railway Services and Their Characteristics
- What are the strength of Dimensional Modeling?
- Implementation and purpose of direct index look-up
- What are the Sources of Natural and Artificial Light?