ClearSpeak's English Pronunciation for FILIPINO accents
Achieve polished British pronunciation with the renowned ClearSpeak Method. Ideal for IELTS and those on a career path.
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Is your first accent of FILIPINO origin? This course is designed specifically to target your problem sounds. It’s one of the ClearSpeak Time-Online Series tailored for different accent groups.
- You get a complete package for both clear pronunciation and fluent neutral British English accent
- Your tutor is speech pathologist Alison ‘Kimi’ Kimble, an authority in English accent change
- Take the complete 15 Unit course OR study only a few problem sounds
- You’ll find around 14 hours of demo videos and loads of audio exercises along with many support articles
The ClearSpeak Method is a leader in the accent change field. It’s easy to get results with the professional speech pathology techniques.
Your voice coach
I’m Kimi Kimble, your professional tutor and voice coach for your speech journey.
If unclear speech is holding you back in your studies or career, then a Time-Online course is definitely for you. Our courses are for ‘committed’ students who may have tried other approaches and found they don’t produce a true or lasting result. There are no quick fixes!
Pronunciation and accent change are a skill
Like learning to play the piano, you cannot hope to master these by watching a series of short video clips. It takes much more to be able to think and pronounce fluently at the same time.
The professional ClearSpeak Method
Time-Online courses are based on the ClearSpeak Method developed over 25 years. Used in many universities internationally, professional speech therapy techniques set this course apart from others. It will give you your best shot at achieving a superior result.
Use fun techniques to learn
I’ll be guiding you every step of the way through many hours of masterclass videos and ‘listen-and-repeat’ exercises. You’ll be using lots of intuitive visualisations along with instructions about how to move your mouth into the correct position. Simply ‘telling’ you what to do, and asking you to mimic me, are never enough.
Accent change is not just about learning separate sounds
Whole accent change has two quite different sides and both are essential:
- FIRST you learn to make each new sound, one at a time, and tune in to the English speech melody
- SECOND you change the overall holding posture of your mouth as you speak
Used by professional mimics, this holding posture creates a consistent and fluent accent.
Your mouth must ‘feel’ it is operating quite differently when you change from one accent to another. Most pronunciation courses make no mention of this.
So, take a look at the outline that follows to learn more. I’ll be delighted to have your company if you decide to join me.
All the best for now!
How a course works
The course is by self-study online.
In the Start Up Unit you will:
- Discover all about English sounds and the ClearSpeak techniques
- Decide on your course Plan:
- The Typical List of Errors for your accent group has the 15 most common consonant and vowel errors relative to English
- Study the entire List if your aim is overall accent change OR Select only a few problem sounds
- Then move on to study each sound on your Plan. There is a Sound Kit Unit of study materials for each one.
All 15 Sound Kits have:
- A one-hour Masterclass video or a Tutorial video Kimi demonstrates how real students achieve success with the ClearSpeak techniques.
- A Sound Guide giving you instructions on how to make the sound
- Articles on key issues or challenges in making the sound
- Up to one hour of custom-designed ‘listen and repeat’ audio exercises supported by text with words, phrases, sentences and story text
- A set of Advanced Exercises for problem issues, such as confusion between similar sounds
- A Review Text for evaluating your progress as you
- A Completion Coupon for each Sound Kit Unit
Try it out before you buy
Lecture One gives you a preview of the novel techniques you will be using. In this short video, Kimi shows you how to make the ‘th’ sound and to use it fluently. You’ll see the approach is quite different to all others.
So, if you are into learning with the latest professional approach, this course is for you!
"The most important thing about getting somewhere is starting right where we are". BRUCE BARTON
What will you learn in this course:
Appear professional and polished to English speakers at work and play
Make every consonant and vowel precisely with professional speech therapy techniques
Achieve a fluent English accent by changing the overall holding posture of your mouth
Be understood clearly anywhere in the world with a Neutral Standard English accent
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- An intermediate level of English or better. If you understand this outline, you have what it takes!
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
START UP UNIT - Part 1. Your plan and study materials
- Preview of the ClearSpeak study method 10:35 10:35
- Time for Liftoff! 12:37 12:37
- Sound errors for your course 07:44 07:44
- Learning techniques and tools 07:38 07:38
- Add speech melody for your final result 07:16 07:16
START UP UNIT - Part 2. Stop Consonants as the foundation of English clarity
Sound Kits for Indian Origin accents
Alison Kimi KimbleSpeech Pathologist
Hallo, I’m Kimi. Let me tell you a little about myself.
I was born in the UK and have lived in South Africa, Thailand and South Korea. All before coming to land in sunny Australia. I qualified as a Speech and Hearing Pathologist and worked in a large General Hospital as Head of Department. Through my career I have worked with speakers from a wide variety of languages and have enjoyed seeing how other cultures tackle life’s challenges. How to communicate with each other is certainly one of the biggest.
Being an enterprising type at heart, I wanted to build my business skills so went back to university for more study. I completed a post-graduate year in Human Resource Management and worked at executive level in a large retail bank. I managed the development of everything from grade and pay scales to career management systems. All with an impact on thousands of employees.
About 25 years ago, I moved back into the speech training field and founded my own business, ClearSpeak Pty Ltd. This allowed me to pursue my passion for English pronunciation and accent. I had seen firsthand how new migrants with excellent qualifications were passed over in their careers. Why? Because no-one was prepared to tell them that if local speakers can’t understand them clearly, they aren’t going to get the job.
I’ve published a number of academic articles and books over the years. My book Perfect Pronunciation is used to train speech pathologists in the accent field in universities internationally. I pioneered the holistic ClearSpeak Method of accent change and have coached hundreds of pronunciation clients by private tuition. These include radio broadcasters, business leaders, actors and professionals who speak English as their second language.
I hope you’ll join me and the Time-Online Team for your studies. You’re sure to find my professional techniques quite different, so why not give them a try? Learning will be fun.
Alison Kimble BA (Sp&H Th), HDPM, CPSP
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now