- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Classify the following as physical or chemical properties
(a) The composition of a sample of steel is 98% iron, 1.5% carbon and 0.5% other elements.
(b) Zinc dissolves in hydrochloric acid with the evolution of hydrogen gas.
(c) Metallic sodium is soft enough to be cut with a knife.
(d) Most metal oxides form alkalis on interacting with water.
(a) Composition of a sample of steel is 98% iron, 1.5% carbon and 0.5% other elements. It is physical property because no new compound is formed as the steel is an alloy and alloy and is a homogeneous mixture of two or more metals or of metallic elements with non-metallic elements.
(c) The cutting of sodium metal does not involve any chemical reaction, hence, it is a physical property.
(b) It is a chemical property because zinc reacts with HCL to form zinc chloride and hydrogen gas.
(d) It is chemical property as a new compound is formed by the interaction of metal oxides with alkalis.
- Sum of the series 1 + (1+3) + (1+3+5) + (1+3+5+7) + + (1+3+5+7+....+(2n-1)) in C++
- Sum of the series 1 + (1+3) + (1+3+5) + (1+3+5+7) + ...... + (1+3+5+7+...+(2n-1)) in C++
- Show that the following grammar is LR (1) S → A a |b A c |B c | b B a A → d B → d
- C++ program to find the sum of the series (1*1) + (2*2) + (3*3) + (4*4) + (5*5) + … + (n*n)
- What is a fertilizer? Is the use of chemical fertilizer beneficial or harmful?
- MongoDB query to skip first 5 records and display only the last 5 of them
- How to create a random sample of values between 0 and 1 in R?
- Sum of the Series 1/(1*2) + 1/(2*3) + 1/(3*4) + 1/(4*5) + ... in C++
- What are the specifications of one plus 5?
- Find FIRST & FOLLOW for the following Grammar. S → A a A | B b B A → b B B → ε
- 5 Principles of Enlightened Marketing
- C++ program to find Nth term of the series 1, 5, 32, 288 …
- Find sum of the series 1-2+3-4+5-6+7....in C++
- ATM Adaptation Layer 5 (AAL 5)
- How to create a random sample with values 0 and 1 in R?
- Larger of a^b or b^a in C++