Cisco SD-WAN Lab Setup in EVE-NG by Arash Deljoo
Software Defined Wide Area Network
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Cisco SD-WAN on EVE-NG
Cisco SD-WAN is a major topic in the CCE Enterprise blueprint now. Network engineers that want to pass the lab exam should have extensive hands-on experience with the solutions. However, for people who do not have the chance to touch it at work, it is actually not easy to get access to a practice lab. In this lesson, I will show you one way to set up a fully functional Cisco SD-WAN home lab on EVE-NG that can be used to practice every topic in the exam's blueprint.
One thing I'd like to mention is that Cisco SD-WAN requires a lot of processing power. For a small practicing topology consisting of 1 controller of each type and 3-4 vEdges, you should give the EVE-NG VM at least 8 vCPUs and 16GB of RAM. However, if you want to make a large topology with redundant controllers and many vEdge devices, you must have a lot of computing resources at your disposal.
Cisco SD-WAN Controllers can not be brought into operation unless their identity is validated by an established chain of trust. This identity validation process is intended to ensure that only trusted devices can join the SD-WAN solution while still retaining flexibility. Each controller must have a root certificate installed and a controller certificate installed and signed by a
There are a number of options to build your own Cisco SD-WAN lab. I believe EVE-NG is your best option at the moment. In this lesson, I’ll show you everything you need to do to install EVE-NG and build your own Cisco SD-WAN lab. This includes:
Downloading the required Cisco and EVE-NG images.
Installing the images on your EVE-NG installation.
Testing whether you can use the images.
What will you learn in this course:
What will students learn in your course?
- How to take a WAN-Edge List from Cisco Software Portal
- Import Controllers Images to EVE-NG
- Active Directory Installation and Certificate Server Installation
- vManage , vBond , vSmart Bootstrap Configuration and Import Root CA Certificate
- vManage Certification , Add Controllers to vManage and Certification
- WAN-Edges Bootstrap Configuration , Add to vManage and Certification
- Monitoring Control connections and Data Connections with CLI and GUI
- Configuration of Templates and Check Connectivity between Site
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- You need to install EVE-NG on your computer/server before this course.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
SD-WAN Lab Setup in EVE-NG
- How to take a WAN-Edge List from Cisco Software Portal 13:04 13:04
- Import Controllers Images to EVE-NG 33:35 33:35
- Active Directory Installation and Certificate Server Installation 27:05 27:05
- VManage , vBond , vSmart Bootstrap Configuration and Import Root CA Certificate 37:32 37:32
- VManage Certification , Add Controllers to vManage and Certification 26:39 26:39
- WAN-Edges Bootstrap Configuration , Add to vManage and Certification 48:19 48:19
- Monitoring Control connections and Data Connections with CLI and GUI 26:54 26:54
- Configuration of Templates and Check Connectivity between Sites 52:35 52:35
Arash is an experienced Cisco engineer with 15 years of experience working in network engineering, communications, and education–particularly in training with E-learning companies. He earned a MSc in power electrical engineering from Tehran Polytechnic. He produces training courses in Persian and English.
The total number of his students in face-to-face and online teaching courses has been more than 10,000.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now