- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Choose the wrong statement.
(a) High blood pressure is caused by excessive weight and lack of exercise.
(b) Cancers can be caused by genetic abnormalities.
(c) Peptic ulcers are caused by eating acidic food.
(d) Acne is not caused by staphylococci.
Correct Answer: (c) Peptic ulcers are caused by eating acidic food.
Helicobacter pylori is a causative agent of peptic ulcers.
Acne is not caused by staphylococci. It is caused by Propionibacterium acnes.
High blood pressure is caused by excessive weight and lack of exercise.
Cancers can be caused by genetic abnormalities.
- Related Articles
- Salinisation of the soil can be caused by-
- Is Influenza caused by flu?
- How is the fire caused by electricity extinguished?
- In winters, rubbing of hands together for some time, causes a sensation of warmth mainly because of: (a) heat caused by the force of friction(b) heat caused by the momentum(c) heat caused by the motion(d) heat flows from the blood to skin
- What harm is caused by the presence of CFCs?
- Explain why, fire caused by electricity should not be extinguished by pouring water.
- Name the disease caused by a dog bite.
- Name three diseases caused by polluted water.
- What are the types of Microorganisms and Diseases caused by them?
- True or False:Tooth decay is caused by the presence of a base.
- State two effects caused by the refraction of light.
- The sexually transmitted disease which is caused by bacteria is:(a) malaria (b) diarrhoea (c) gonorrhoea (d) AIDS
- Which one of the following disease is caused by bacteria?(a) Typhoid(b) Anthrax(c) Tuberculosis(d) Malaria
- Which one of the following diseases is caused by protozoans?(a) Malaria(b) Influenza(c) AIDS(d) Cholera
- The discomfort caused by indigestion due to overeating can be cured by treating:(a) Vinegar(b) Lemon juice(c) Baking soda(d) Caustic soda