- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Carl von Linne was involved with which branch of science?
Correct Answer: (b) Taxonomy
R.H. Whittaker proposed the five-kingdom classification. Kingdom classification simplifies the study of a variety of organisms. It is the grouping in a systematic manner depending on its distinctive characteristics.
It is accepted all over the world as it is based on certain characteristics of organisms such as mode of nutrition, thallus organization, cell structure, phylogenetic relationships, and reproduction.
The five kingdoms are Monera, Protista, Fungi, Plantae, and Animalia.
- Related Articles
- The plant part which exhibits negative geotropism is:(a) root (b) stem (c) branch (d) leaves
- The science of heredity is known as:(a) biology (b) embryology (c) genetics (d) biochemistry
- Which is a better branch of engineering, Mech or Ece?
- Morphology and Anatomy of Cockroach
- Which of The Following Structures Is Involved in Gaseous Exchange in The Woody Stem of a Plant? (a) Stomata (b) Lenticel (c) Guard cell (d) Epidermis
- Name the law of chemical combination :(a) Which was given by Lavoisier.(b) which was given by Proust.
- One litre of a medicine is to be packed in small bottles, each one of which c 125ml of medicine. How many such bottles are needed?
- One of the following is a medicine for indigestion. This is:(a) Sodium hydroxide (b) Manganese dioxide (c) Magnesium hydroxide (d) Potassium hydroxide
- The law of conservation of mass was given by :(a) Dalton (b) Proust (c) Lavoisier (d) Berzelius
- The magnetic effect of current was discovered by:(a) Maxwell (b) Fleming (c) Oersted (d) Faraday
- The law of constant proportions was given by :(a) Proust (b) Lavoisier (c) Dalton (d) Berzelius
- An element A reacts with water to form a compound B which is used in whitewashing. The compound B on heating forms an oxide C which on treatment with water gives back B. Identify A, B and C and give the reactions involved.
- Which of the following are contact forces?A. Friction B. Gravitational forceC. Magnetic forceD. Muscular force$(a)$. A and B$(b)$. B and C $(c)$. A and D$(d)$. B and D
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology