- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Can you give some complementary feeding tips for babies?
When to start solids (weaning) for your baby?
Should start solid food after completion of six months (180 days).
First Food (6 months)
By around 6 months your baby will be ready to eat semi-solid food.
First Food should be rice and dal in semi-liquid form with desi ghee, followed by blander types of vegetables and fruits.
The texture should be pureed.
6 to 9 months
After 6 months you can introduce well-cooked chicken or fish. However, ensure to remove bones and gristle in case of fish.
If your child starts solid food for the first time after 6 months ensure you begin with rice cereal and pureed food before increasing the texture.
Continue to introduce a variety of new food items to ensure your child receives a good balance of nutrients.
The texture should be finely chopped or mashed.
9 to 12 months
You can now introduce wheat products (such as oats, pasta, and bread) egg and cheese (unless there is a family history of food allergy).
Your baby is now ready for a finger food to encourage them to learn to self-feed.
The texture should be finely chopped or roughly mashed.
Be sure all food is cooked or soft to avoid choking.
You can now introduce cow's milk and more solid food.
Remember to ensure the pieces are not too hard or too big to avoid choking.
Your baby will now enjoy self-feeding different food (be sure not to leave your child alone, to prevent choking).
You should include finger foods and other food the family is eating.
- Can you give some safe home tips for children?
- Can you provide the right stimulation programs for babies?
- Can you give some nutritional advice/nutritional elements for healthy infants?
- What are some useful hygiene tips for infants?
- Can you tell some IAP recommended vaccines for children?
- Can you suggest some good lehenga designs for the bride?
- What are some quick but significant laws you can suggest for women?
- What is the golden rule for complimentary feeding?
- Why a spider can give only some silk?
- Can you show some pictures that prove you a skilled photographer?
- Playtime Guide – Age appropriate toys for babies?
- What are some tips to decorate a penthouse?
- Give me 5 daily routine makeup tips
- What are the indications of Diarrhea in babies? Suggest some good treatment options.
- What are some tips to decorate a wedding house?