Business Law: Applied Fundamentals
Learn The Principles of Business Law
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Are you interested in a career within Business Law?
You have come to the right place! Learn the principles of Business Law here.
Throughout this course you will be introduced to the fundamentals of Business Law viewed from the perspective of the business manager. We will study the five main areas of Corporate Law:
1. Fundamentals of Corporate Law and the Nature of Law – Learn Principles of Corporate Law, Statutory Legislate Law, Common Equity Law, and Tort Civil Law.
2. Application of Law to Business Enterprise and Contract Law – Application of Law to Business Enterprise, Essential Elements of a Contract, Offer and Acceptance, The Terms of the Contract: Express, Implied Terms and Clauses, Misrepresentation and Conduct and Performance, and Breach of Contract.
3. Insolvency & Consumer Law and Enterprise & Business Structures – Insolvency Law, The Australian Consumer Law, Enterprise & Business Structure, Sole Trader Individual, and Partnerships (& Limited Partnerships).
4. Companies & Trusts / Corporate Governance – Companies & Trust (Private & Listed), Classifications Under the Act, Separate Legal Entity, Trusts, Corporate Governance, and Business Ethics & Compliance.
5. Shareholders Rights and Directors Roles & Duties – Shareholders Rights, The Registers of Members, Director Roles & Duties, Disqualification of Directors, Care and Diligence, and Sections and Sub-Sections.
Each of these segments includes practical cases and quizzes aiming to strengthen your knowledge.
Follow along as we provide you with the skills to effectively evaluate, manage, and design the law expertise and functions to contribute to a firm’s future direction through applying modern law understanding and thought.
Why wait? Don't miss this fantastic opportunity!
What will you learn in this course:
- In this course you will learn the fundamentals of corporate law and be able to evaluate different legal issues arising in the business environment
- In this course you will learn the application of legal research, critical analysis and written presentation of research and argument
- In this course you will gain a better understanding of underlying themes and issues and the key legal principles relating to commercial transactions, and/or corporate law
- This course will equip you with the ability to identify and comment on the policy issues which arise in various topics, including the need for law reform where the law is considered deficient
- In this course you will learn how to demonstrate the capacity to apply legal reasoning and research to generate appropriate responses to legal problems in the corporate governance contexts
- In this course you will learn knowledge and understanding of the main common law and statutory provisions which apply to institutions, personnel and commercial transactions in the Australia context
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Computer with an Internet connection.
- PDF reading software, such as free Adobe Reader.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Fundamentals of Corporate Law and Nature of Law
- Lecture 1.1: Fundamentals of Corporate Law & Corporate Governance 01:28 01:28
- Lecture 1.2: Statutory Legislative Law 02:58 02:58
- Lecture 1.3: Common Equity Law 03:37 03:37
- Lecture 1.4: Tort Civil Law 03:32 03:32
Application of Law to Business Enterprise and Contract Law
Insolvency & Consumer Law and Enterprise & Business Structures
Companies & Trusts / Corporate Governance
Shareholders Rights and Directors Roles & Duties
Sentinel | 9Business Education
Sentinel | 9 is now offering educational courses and specialised modules from its industry-leading university-level Business program. This package is usually provided via Higher Education partners, where it comes with a Degree upon completion. However, for individuals seeking valuable education and knowledge without the hassle of enrolling in university, Sentinel | 9 has redeveloped its resources into easily accessible learning content.
These resources are a perfect fit for individuals who want to sharpen their business skills, learn about new practices in business or wish to educate themselves in something new. The Sentinel | 9 material is developed with consultation from industry experts, professorial, doctoral, and postdoctoral in-house academics to ensure learning is of the highest quality.
Through this offering, users will now have access to high-quality, practical, on-demand resources across all aspects of business, including business strategy, business law, finance, marketing strategy, economics, organisation behaviour, leadership, human resources, accounting and more.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now