Build an Interactive Data Analytics Dashboard with Python
Learn and complete all of the steps to deploy your very own data analytics dashboard on the web with Python
Updated on Nov, 2023
Language - English
Duration -12 hours
This course teaches you all of the skills to build interactive data analytics dashboards with Python. Specifically, you will be building a Coronavirus Forecasting Dashboard that shows historical and predicted values for deaths and cases for all countries in the world and US states from the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. The final product will be a live dashboard, automatically updated daily, hosted on a remote server for anyone, anywhere in the world to see!
You will learn and complete the entire process for building the dashboard including the following topics:
Getting, Cleaning, and Transforming the Data - You will learn how to collect the data, find and clean bad data, and transform it so that it can be used for building models capable of prediction.
Data Smoothing - You will learn several different techniques such as LOWESS to smooth the jagged raw data so that the model can better detect trends.
Exponential Growth and Decline Models - You will begin modeling coronavirus cases for each area of the world with these simple models that can capture a single exponential growth or decline phase, but not both.
Logistic Growth Models - You will learn about a separate class of "S-Curve" models capable of capturing both exponential growth and decline in the same model.
Modeling New Waves - Coronavirus cases appear in waves over different time periods. You will learn how to change your model so that it can detect any number of new waves in the future.
Encapsulation into Classes - After selecting your model, you will encapsulate all of the code together into Python classes, eventually to be used in your final production code.
Visualizations with Plotly - You will learn how to use the Plotly Python library to create interactive data visualizations targeted for the web
HTML and CSS - You are building a web application and will learn the fundamentals of HTML and CSS to help add customization with the help of Dash.
Building the Dashboard with Dash - You will learn how to build all of the components and interactivity of the dashboard with the Dash Python library.
Deployment - One of the most exciting parts of a project is deploying it on your own server for the world to see. You will learn two different deployment options - one simple and the other more complex, but with more flexibility.
This course comes with a massive amount of material including:
13 Jupyter Notebooks
26 Exercises with detailed solutions
200 page PDF of the entire course content
All production code for the dashboard
All code for developing the dashboard will be done using Python
Pandas will be used extensively for analyzing and transforming data
Statsmodels will be used for smoothing
Scipy will be used for building the models for coronavirus cases and parameter optimization
Matplotlib will be used in the notebooks for static visualizations
Plotly will be used for interactive data visualizations that appear in the dashboard
Dash will be used for building the dashboard itself
HTML/CSS will be used together with Dash to customize components of the dashboard
You'll learn how to setup your own Linux Ubuntu server to run your dashboard
Who this course is for:
- Intermediate Python programmers excited to complete a comprehensive project covering all of the steps to launch a dashboard on the web for all to see.
What will you learn in this course:
- Build an interactive data analytics dashboard using the Dash library in Python
- Model coronavirus cases and deaths using generalized logistic functions
- Smooth data using locally weighted scatterplot smoothing
- Read and clean data so that it is suitable for modeling
- Learn how to use Plotly, an interactive data visualization library in Python targeting the web
- Learn HTML and CSS fundamentals to add and style elements of the dashboard
- Setup an Ubuntu server running NGINX to host the dashboard on the web for all to see
- Run nightly cron jobs to update the data and model predictions
- Encapsulate all of your code into Python classes to ease automation
- Learn how to complete a comprehensive, end-to-end project in Python using a vast array of skills
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Students should feel comfortable with the fundamentals of Python
- Knowledge of the pandas library in Python is helpful
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Courses-Promo 03:41 03:41
- Course Overview 08:58 08:58
- Exploring the Course Material 03:47 03:47
- Note for Windows Users 00:41 00:41
- Creating the Virtual Environment (fast) 05:34 05:34
- Creating the Virtual Environment 15:00 15:00
- Activating and Deactivating the Virtual Environment 03:05 03:05
- Launching and Exploring the Dashboard 07:51 07:51
- Opening the Jupyter Notebooks 04:13 04:13
- A Guide To Completing the Course 03:17 03:17
Getting the Data
Data Cleaning and Transformation
Exponential Growth and Decline Models
Logistic Growth Models
Modeling New Waves
Encapsulation into Classes
Running all of the Code
Visualization with Plotly
Intro to HTML and CSS
Building the Dashboard with Dash
I am the author of Pandas Cookbook and Master Data Analysis with Python, highly rated texts on performing real-world data analysis with Pandas.
I am the founder of Dunder Data, a company that teaches the fundamentals of data science and machine learning. I enjoy discovering best practices on how to use and teach data analysis with Python.
I also enjoy creating open-source Python libraries and am author of Dexplot, Bar Chart Race, DataFrame Image, and Jupyter to Medium.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now