Build a Web App With Python and OpenCv : Image Editing App
Build a modern prototype of an image editing web application with streamlit and OpenCv
Updated on Oct, 2023
Language - English
Duration -2 hours
In this course you are going to build a modern prototype of a web application : image editing app using streamlit which is a python-based framework that provides you with all the tools to build your app from scratch in a simple and fast way. Through this course you are going to learn how to implement different image processing techniques like : gray-scaling, contrast, brightness, sharpness and blurriness and connect them to your application giving the hand to users to choose and control the degree of each one. You will also, learn how to create functions that allow you to detect faces and eyes in images, functions that create cartoon version of your images and other to detect edges of different objects and regions in images.
The content of this course:
Section 1: First steps :
- Anaconda download and installation
- Importing the libraries / packages
Section 2 : Set up the main part of the app
- Setting a title and a subtitle for the app
- Create the " Detection " part
- Create the " About " part
Section 3 : Connect the image processing techniques to the app
- Option 1 : Gray-scaling
- Option 2 : Contrast
- Option 3 : Brightness
- Option 4 : Blurriness
- Option 5 : Sharpness
- Option 6 : Original
Section 4 : Set up the main part of the app
- Set the features selectbox
- Detect faces (part 1)
- Set the haar cascade files
- Detect faces (part 2)
- Detect eyes
- Cartoonize an image (part 1)
- Cartoonize an image (part 2)
- Cannize an image
What will you learn in this course:
- Create a web application using an efficient python based framework : Streamlit.
- Apply image editing techniques (gray-scaling, contrast, brightness, blurriness, sharpness) to an uploaded image.
- Use the different methods and functions provided by streamlit to display your images in the app.
- Create and set different widgets on your app: selectboxes, buttons, radio Buttons, sliders, image uploaders, markdowns, message boxes, ...etc.
- Detect faces and eyes in images using OpenCv.
- Cartoonize images and detect edges by applying OpenCV functions.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Just basic python
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- App Showcase 05:39 05:39
- Anaconda download and installation 07:13 07:13
- Import the libraries / packages 04:28 04:28
Set up the main part of the app
Connect the image processing techniques to the app
Face Detection / Eye Detection / Cartoonizing / Cannizing
Haithem GasmiData Scientist | Machine Learning Practitioner
Hi, I am Haithem
I'm a data scientist and machine learning practitioner with an experience of more than 3 years in the industry. I also share my knowledge through online courses with tangible and impressive real world problems. I worked on many projects in different areas such as predective modelling, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision. I love implementing my stuff with Python.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now