- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Boojho went to a cloth shop. There he found a fabric which was smooth to touch, had vibrant colour and shine. The fabric could be
Correct answer: (c) silk
Explanation: Silk fibres are natural animal fibres obtained from the cocoon of silkworms. Silk threads (or yarn) are made by twisting together long fibres (called filaments) of silk. Its fabric is very smooth to touch and has vibrant colour and shine.
On the basis of their origin, fibres are classified as natural fibres and synthetic fibres.
Natural fibres- Natural fibres are the fibres that are obtained from plants, animals or mineral sources. Some examples are cotton, silk, wool etc.
Natural fibres can again be divided into two types -
a. Plant fibres- plant fibres are fibres that are derived from plants. Eg. Cotton and Jute.
b. Animal fibres- Animal fibres are fibres derived from animals. Eg. Silk is derived from cocoons of silkmoth and Wool is derived from hairs of sheep and goats.
- How important are traditions to maintain fabric of the society?
- DOMException Failed to load because no supported source was found
- Why there was a National Emergency during 1975 in India?
- In which era, India was known as a golden bird and why?
- How to know which key was pressed in a form input using jQuery?
- Is there a way to select a value which matches partially in MySQL?
- Tahqiq-i-hind was a work of which foreign traveller?
- How to get the colour name from colour code in R?
- Which is the most precious metal found in India?
- How to plot a smooth line with matplotlib?
- What is economics? Which career can a student opt if he studies economics?
- How to make a smooth image rotation in Android?
- How to create a smooth image rotation in android?
- How to create a smooth scrolling effect with CSS?
- How to create a Circle with a background colour using FabricJS?
- Determine which Button was pressed in Tkinter