Blogging Masterclass: How To Build A Successful Blog
Build a successful blog using these proven blogging strategies for content, promotion, list building, and monetization
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Brad Merrill has been building things on the web for well over a decade. In 2010, he started a blog about technology and innovation, and in just a couple of years it grew into a large publication with staff and revenue, serving more than half a million monthly readers. His work has been featured on Techmeme and cited by a number of notable blogs and publications, including the Wall Street Journal.
In this course, Brad condenses more than ten years of trial and error into a simple blueprint designed to help you build a successful blog.
You'll learn all the essentials, including:
The mindset of a successful blogger
How to build a WordPress site
How to write amazing blog content that readers will love and share
How to promote your content to ensure people actually see it
How to build and leverage an email list to generate traffic and revenue on demand
How to turn your blog into a business that generates revenue
Why would you want to build a blog? Well, there are many different motivations, but here are a few of the most common:
Build a business: A blog can be the center of a low-overhead, location-independent, lucrative business. There has never been a better time to do this—the Internet has made it cheaper and easier than ever before for anyone to start a business.
Grow an existing business: Content marketing is one of the best ways to drive your business forward, and a blog is a tried and true format. Many of the world's biggest companies and brands are now using digital content to market their products and services, so you'll be in great company if you do the same.
Showcase your expertise: If you want to position yourself as a thought leader or expert, blogging is an excellent way to do it. A blog can be a powerful asset if you're trying to build a personal brand, get a job, sell services, or launch a career in public speaking.
Build Relationships: Blogging is a great way to become an active and influential member of your community, which can help you build relationships with people you want to reach.
If you're thinking of starting a blog this year, there's never been a better time. This course will walk you through the entire process—setting up WordPress, writing stellar content, promoting that content, building an email list, and implementing a revenue model to turn your blog into a business. It's all here.
What will you learn in this course:
- Build a successful blog from scratch, or take your existing blog to the next level
- Develop the mindset of a successful blogger
- Discover a blogging niche that is both profitable and interesting
- Build a beautiful website using WordPress
- Develop a system to plan new content, and never run out of ideas again
- Understand the importance of effective writing and how to become a better writer
- Become familiar with some of the most effective types of blog content
- Generate an endless stream of fresh content by repurposing what you've already created
- Optimize your website for search engines to drive a consistent stream of free traffic
- Get your content in front of people using a variety of free promotion strategies
- Grow an email list that allows you to generate traffic and revenue on demand
- Build a profitable business around your content and turn your blog into a revenue-generating asset
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- No prior knowledge is necessary. This course starts with the basics before diving into more advanced tips and strategies.
- The main requirement is a willingness to commit to the process and put in the work. This course outlines the steps, but it's up to you to take action and do what it takes to make your blog a success.
- To get your blog up and running, please note you will need to purchase a domain name and a hosting account. This course will show you exactly how to do that, even if you're new to the process.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Welcome To The Course! 06:40 06:40
- How To Use This Course 00:53 00:53
Setting Up Your Website
Generating Content Ideas
Improving Your Writing
The Most Effective Types Of Blog Content
Content Formats & Repurposing
Blog SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Content Promotion Strategies
Growing Your Email List
Monetizing Your Blog
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now