- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Between which two whole numbers on the number line are the given numbers lie? Which of these whole numbers is nearer the number?
We have to find between which two whole numbers on the number line the given numbers lie.
$0.8$ lies between 0 and 1.
0.8 is nearer to 1.
$5.1$ lies between the whole numbers 5 and 6.
5.1 is nearer to 5.
$2.6$ lies between the whole numbers 2 and 3.
2.6 is nearer to 3.
$6.4$ lies between the whole numbers 6 and 7.
6.4 is nearer to 6.
$9.1$ lies between the whole numbers 9 and 10.
9.1 is nearer to 9.
$4.9$ lies between the whole numbers 4 and 5.
4.9 is nearer to 5.
- Related Articles
- Between which two numbers in tenths place on the number line does each of the given number lie?(a) 0.06 (b) 0.45 (c) 0.19 (d) 0.66 (e) 0.92 (f) 0.57
- Which two whole numbers will be just on the right of 6908 in the number line?
- Which of the following statements are true (T) and which are false (F)?(a) Zero is the smallest natural number. (b) 400 is the predecessor of 399.(c) Zero is the smallest whole number. (d) 600 is the successor of 599(e) All natural numbers are whole numbers.(f) All whole numbers are natural numbers.(g) The predecessor of a two digit number is never a single digit number.(h) 1 is the smallest whole number.(i) The natural number 1 has no predecessor.(j) The whole number 1 has no predecessor.(k) The whole number 13 lies between 11 and 12.(l) The whole number 0 has no predecessor.(m) The successor of a two digit number is always a two digit number.
- What Are Whole Numbers? Are All The Numbers Whole Numbers?
- Fill in the blanks:1. The whole number which is not a natural number is........2. The natural number whose predecessor does not exist is........3. There are ........... whole numbers up to 75.4. Predecessor of 2,90,099 is...........5. There are.......... natural numbers up to 80.6. The additive identify for whole numbers is...........
- In each of the following pairs of numbers, state which whole number is on the left of the other number on the number line. Also write them with the appropriate sign \( (>,
- Find the number of whole numbers between the smallest and the greatest number of 2 digits.
- Which is the smallest whole number?
- What are whole numbers?
- Represent the following numbers on a number line :(a) $+ 5$ (b) $– 10$ (c) $+ 8$(d) $– 1$ (e) $– 6$
- Explain the properties of whole numbers.
- What Is Whole Numbers?
- Show the following numbers on the number line.(a) 0.2 (b) 1.9 (c) 1.1 (d) 2.5
- Give definitions of following terms (i) Rational numbers(ii) Whole numbers(iii) Odd prime numbers(iv) The multiplicative inverse of a number