AWS and IBM Databases on Cloud
Rule the world of Cloud Database-as-a-Service
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
In this course, we would explore AWS and IBM Database services available on Cloud. First sections is all about IBM Cloudant- NoSQL Database as a Service, which is one among the most powerful Database solution out there powered by IBM. Here you would learn everything from scratch so don't worry if you are a beginner. We will be diving deeper into advanced topics and features that make Cloudant stand high among its competitors.
This learning series consists of both theoretical and practical sessions, where you would learn and practice a wide range of concepts, features, options by exploring powerful utilities. We would begin our journey by performing basic CRUD operations (Create, Read, Update, Delete) on cloudant after learning fundamentals like ACID semantics, CAP theorem, etc. Then we would learn and build Replications, Indexes- Primary, Secondary, Search and Cloudant query.
In the last sections, we would explore AWS and IBM Database services available on Amazon Cloud. We would begin our journey by learning few basic requirements and fundamental tools like AWS-CLI (Command line interface) that can be integrated with various cloud services.
After that we would be learning all of the Database services- RDS (Relational Database Services), Neptune, DynamoDB, etc. We would be creating instances for each services with practical examples.
What will you learn in this course:
- On completion of this course you would be able to perform all kinds of database operations- CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete).
- With making API calls with integrated apps and services.
- Master IBM Cloudant options with grip over Indexes- Primary, Secondary, Search and Cloudant Query.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- A basic understanding of DBMS/Database concepts would be more than sufficient.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction to Cloudant 10:41 10:41
- SQL, NoSQL, and NewSQL Databases 16:24 16:24
- Evolution from CouchDB 10:35 10:35
- Cloudant Insights 05:42 05:42
- JSON and cURL 08:02 08:02
- Creating Instance, Credentials 03:54 03:54
- Cloudant Dashboard 04:17 04:17
- Del, create db, doc, entry, perm, etc 09:09 09:09
- HTTP API theory 09:06 09:06
- Replication- theory 06:10 06:10
- PRACTICAL -Replication 03:33 03:33
- PRACTICAL -Check Status of replication job 01:12 01:12
- Replication Use cases 03:56 03:56
- Replication Permissions 03:32 03:32
- Indexes and Queries Overview 07:17 07:17
- Primary Index 02:37 02:37
- MapReduce Overview 04:26 04:26
- Secondary Index 06:35 06:35
- Cloudant Query theory 06:30 06:30
Project: Lambda function with DynamoDB
Harshit SrivastavaSME on Cloud, Bluemix
I am Self-Taught developer who had worked on various platforms using varied languages, and involved in various Projects both Open Source and Proprietary.
I have developed Web and Android Applications, chrome Extension, worked on various frameworks, fixed bugs for some projects, and explored numerous others. I think education and learning should be free and open, not be bound with restrictions like attending classes or going to college, People from all age groups, gender, faith, race, nations, etc must get equal privilege. When entire world would act this way like being a single FAMILY, we would truly realise VALUE of Knowledge and Human Life.
Currently I am teaching more than 60,000 students from 163 countries across the world.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now