Automating Financial Reporting In Excel (Part II)
This course expands on building automated AND interactive financial reports for report users.
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
In this course we will expand the topic of automating monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reporting processes to building automated and interactive financial reports for report users. In PART I, we have dwelled on how to set up automated financial reports in EXCEL based on system report or system data, and how to transcribe them into formal financial reports. In this part, we will introduce some advanced EXCEL skills of building interactive dashboards with clickable buttons for detail drill-down. As well, we will discuss 3 crucial elements in financial report modeling: Parameters, Validation, and User Guide. We will culminate by introducing ways of auto-update narratives in financial reports. This course will serve as a review for accounting and finance professionals who need to sharpen their EXCEL skills in building interactive monthly/quarterly/yearly financial reports.
What will you learn in this course:
- Identify key elements in building interactive dashboard with clickable buttons for detail drill-down
- List 3 elements in essential financial modeling
- Identify basic components in building auto-updated narratives
- Name ways of setting up auto-updated pivot table and pivot chart in the Dashboard
- Recognize the key feature of Slicers and Timelines in controlling multiple pivot tables and pivot charts
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Knowledge of advanced EXCEL formulas (such as VLOOKUP, INDEX, MATCH, GETPIVOTDATA), Pivot Table, and basic VBA coding, or the following Proformative course
- Automating Financial Reporting in EXCEL (Part I): From Data to Report in ONE Click
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction to Self-Service Reporting for Executives 01:19 01:19
- Warming-up 01:26 01:26
Intermediate Financial Modeling Essenti...
Lenny Wu was a Lecturer at Tsinghua University in Beijing, China. He also sat as an Examiner for the International English Language Testing System (or IELTS) in the 1990s. On top of these, he is an exam trainer for various high profile exams, such as GRE (or Graduate Record Examination), GMAT (or Graduate Management Admission Test), TOEFL (or Test of English as a Foreign Language), and math contests such as Euler, Gauss and Pascal. He has published books on test taking strategies.
Lenny received his MBA, Finance from The George Washington University in Washington, DC, USA, and currently is a Senior Financial Analyst with an international engineering company in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Lenny's motto at work is "Don’t work hard, work smart". Lenny has passion in teaching how to build your own "robot" into everyday office work. He has over over 22 years working with Microsoft Excel, and he is a modeling expert in Power Query, Power Pivot, and Power BI.
Lenny is a big proponent of OCR (One-click Reporting), and SSR (Self-service Reporting).
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now