ASP.NET Core 3 MVC Application with MongoDB
ASP.NET Core 3, MVC, MongoDB and Data Access Layer
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
This is an all-level course in Building an MVC app with ASP.NET Core 3 Using MongoDB as a back-end database. To start with, it handles the concept of a NoSQL database comparing it with the conventional relational databases (RDBMS). The course then proceeds with one of the most popular NoSQL databases, the MongoDB which is a document-based database for proceeding further with applications developed with the popular ASP.NET Core framework. The course uses the latest ASP.NET Core 3 for the hands-on development work. It shows and teaches the creation of an ASP.NET Core 3 MVC application in-depth, from scratch. It covers all the critical concepts associated with an MVC (Model-View-Controller) application built with the ASP.NET Core framework.
The main highlights of the MVC application being the introduction of a data access layer using a repository pattern in keeping with Industry best practices. It also uses async programming (as opposed to synchronous programming) which is at the core of the new web framework of ASP.NET Core that has been rewritten from the earlier popular ASP.NET framework.
ASP.NET Core 3 has just been released in the .NET Conference 2019 on September 23, 2019, so the course uses the latest cutting edge technology released by Microsoft for which the Microsoft developer community has been waiting for long!
What will you learn in this course:
- The students will learn building an MVC application with ASPNET Core 3 Using MongoDB as Database. In the process they will learn about NoSQL concepts and significance of ASPNET Core as Microsoft's latest and versatile web framework.
- They will learn the querying of MongoDB database and how it connects to the MVC application for providing CRUD functionality.
- The students will have plenty of hands-on coding as well as a number of assignments and a quiz to assess their grasp on the topics covered.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- A Computer installed with Windows with 1.8 GHz or faster processor. Quad-core or better recommended
- 2 GB of RAM; 8 GB of RAM recommended
- Video card that supports a minimum display resolution of 720p (1280 by 720);
- Broadband Internet Connection (Preferably fibre or ADSL at least)
- Installation of Visual Studio 2019 (Community Edition) which is free to download and install.
- It will be beneficial if the students have about six months experience in C# or any other high level programming language
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Introduction to the Course
- Course Introduction 12:17 12:17
Concept of NoSQL database and Comparison with Conventional Relational Databases
Where to Install MongoDB From?
How to Install MongoDB and Create a Database?
ASP.NET Core - An Introduction
Build an ASP.NET Core 3 Application with MongoDB Database
Complete Building the MVC Application Step-by-Step in Visual Studio 2019
Kaushik Roy ChowdhurySoftware Developer, Tutor, Coach and Mentor
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now