Are you interested in a career within in the world of accounting?
You have come to the right place! Learn the principles of Applied Accounting here.
Throughout this course you will be introduced to the fundamentals of accounting viewed from the perspective of the business manager. We will study the five main areas of applied business strategy:
1. Accounting and Reporting in Commerce – Definition of Accounting, Accouting Principles, Accounting Eqution and Cycle, Double Entry Accounting, Assets, Liabilities, Capital, Accounting Onventions, IFRS and GAAP.
2. Financial Accounting #1 - Learn Financial Accounting, Financial Statements - Applications and Use, Profit and Loss Statement - Income Statement, Multi-Step Income Statement, Expenses, Profit Before Tax and EBITDA, Input to Depreciation Accounting, Depreciation Journal Entries, Balance Sheet - Assets and Liabilities Statements, Inventories, Liability Accounts, Total Liabilities and Equity.
3. Financial Accounting #2 - Learn Working Capital & Liquidity – Debtors, Creditors & Inventory Days, Permanent and Cyclical Working Capital, Forms of Working Capital Financing, Determinants of Working Capital, Cash Flow Statements - Operational and Reporting Formats, Economic Value Added (EVA) & Cash Flow Return on Investment (CFRIO) and Key Ratio Analysis – Short Term Acid Tests & Long Term Viability.
4. Management & Cost Accounting – Learn Management and Cost Accounting, Material, Labour and Overhead Costing, Process Costing, Job Costing and Batch Costing, Activity Based Costing - Lean Operations, Steps and Benefits of Developing an Activity - Based Costing System, Standard Costing and Variance, Standard Costing in GAAP and IFRS, and Responsibilities for Variances.
5. Limitations of Accounting - Learn Volume, Cost and Break-even Analysis / Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis, Uncertainties and Quality of Input Data, Break-Event Chart, Inventory Management– Raw, Work in Progress (WIP) & Finished Goods, Reorder Point, Lead Time and Safety Stock, Budgeting & Capital Investment – Revex & Capex, Limitations of Accounting - Financial Reporting, Intangibles, Human Capital & Goodwill – Recognition and Valuation, Goodwill, and Audit - Internal & External.
Each of these segments includes practical cases and quizzes aiming to strengthen your knowledge.
Follow along as we provide you with the skills to effectively evaluate, manage, and design the knowledge and functions to contribute to a firm’s future accounts direction through applying modern applied accounting strategy thought for managers.
Why wait? Don't miss this fantastic opportunity!