Applied Business Strategy for Managers
Learn The Principle of Business Strategy
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Are you interested in a career within in the world of business strategy?
You have come to the right place! Learn the principles of Applied Business Strategy for Managers here.
Throughout this course you will be introduced to the fundamentals of business strategy viewed from the perspective of the business manager. We will study the five main areas of applied business strategy:
What is Strategy? – Definition of Strategy, Mintzberg Strategy Definitions, Identifying the Strategy of a Company, Strategy and Quest for Competitive Advantage, Strategy and the Business Model of the Firm, Why Crafting and Executing Strategy are Important Tasks, The Ideology of Strategy, The 3C Model and Triple Bottom Line, Hierarchy of Strategy, Management By Objectives (MBO) and Mintzberg (Strategy and Structure).
Strategic Management Approaches – Strategic Management Approaches, Prescriptive Strategy, Emergent Strategy, Strategic Thinking, Design Led Thinking, Game Theory, Decision Making Models, Models of Decision Making, Strategic Frameworks and Models, Perspectives on Strategic Directions and the Market Based View (MBV), VRIO Resource Based Framework and Knowledge Based View, Relational and Transient Based Views, Dominant Themes - Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Dominant Themes - Digital Disruption, Corporate Governance and Ethical Leadership and Strategic Management Approaches Summary.
Corporate Planning – Evaluating the External Environment of a Company, Relevant Components of the External Environment of a Company, The Five Forces Framework, Potential New Entrants and Substitute Products, Buyer/Customer Power, Suppliers & Rivalry, Strategic Group Analysis, Obtaining Necessary Data, Critical Success Factors, Evaluating the Resources, Capabilities & Competitiveness of a Company, Analyzing the Position and Current Strategy of a Company, Consumer Needs Analysis and Strategic Alignment, Balanced Scorecard, Analyzing Resources and Capabilities, Resources, Core Competencies, SWOT, The Value Chain and Customer Value Proposition, Different Value Chains, Competitiveness Strength Assessments and Strategy Mapping.
Building your Firm's Business Strategy – Building Your Business Strategy for the Firm, Key Actions, The 5 Generic Competitive Strategies, Low-Cost Provider Strategies, Broad Differentiation Strategies, Focused Strategies, Best-Cost Provider Strategies, Developing Competitive Strategies, Offensive and Defensive Strategies, Blue and Red Ocean Strategy, Horizontal and Vertical Strategies, Outsourcing Strategies, Strategic Alliances and Partnerships, Evaluating Business-Unit Competitive Strength Using Portfolio Analysis and Building the Corporate Level Strategy and Crafting New Strategic Moves.
Building Strategy for the Future – Functional Level Strategy, These Strategic Levels Lead to Functional Strategy, Globalizing Your Strategy, Major Drives for Expansion, Strategic Approaches to International Expansion, Transational Strategy, How to Compete In Developing Countries, Commerce is Everywhere: New Retail and the Future, Strategy and the Future: Strategic Planning and Sense Making, Strategic Process Principles and Core Strategic Thinking.
Each of these segments includes practical cases and quizzes aiming to strengthen your knowledge.
Follow along as we provide you with the skills to effectively evaluate, manage, and design the management knowledge and functions to contribute to a firm’s future business management direction through applying modern applied business strategy thought for managers.
Why wait? Don't miss this fantastic opportunity!
What will you learn in this course:
- In this course you will learn how to examine and evaluate the strategic management theories, concepts and strategy within an organisation, and how they contribute to organisational objectives
- In this course you will develop mastery of the skills and professional conduct required for strategic planning and corporate social responsibility in diverse business contexts
- In this course you will learn to critically evaluate the commercial, social, environmental and ethical factors impacting strategy in modern business
- This course equips you with the knowledge to undertake research, analyse and synthesize strategic management concepts, theories and strategic initiatives at the corporate, business and functional levels of an organisation
- In this course you will learn to critically evaluate and develop solutions to complex strategic business problems and develop local and international strategic management plans and operations in diverse business contexts
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Computer with an Internet connection.
- PDF reading software, such as free Adobe Reader.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
What is Strategy?
- Lecture 1.1: What is Strategy? 01:18 01:18
- Lecture 1.2: Strategy Definition 00:33 00:33
- Lecture 1.3: Mintzberg Strategy Definitions 01:09 01:09
- Lecture 1.4: What is Strategy and Identifying the Strategy of a Company 01:11 01:11
- Lecture 1.5: Identifying the Strategy of a Company 00:28 00:28
- Lecture 1.6: Strategy and the Quest for Competitive Advantage 01:25 01:25
- Lecture 1.7: Strategy and the Business Model of the Firm 00:57 00:57
- Lecture 1.8: Why Crafting and Executing Strategy Are Important Tasks 01:20 01:20
- Lecture 1.9: The Ideology of Strategy 01:24 01:24
- Lecture 1.10: The 3C Model and the Triple Bottom Line 01:11 01:11
- Lecture 1.11: Hierarchy of Strategy 00:51 00:51
- Lecture 1.12: Management By Objectives (MBO) 00:41 00:41
- Lecture 1.13: Mintzberg (Strategy and Structure) 00:48 00:48
Strategic Management Approaches
Building Your Firm's Business Strategy
Building Strategy for the Future
Sentinel | 9Business Education
Sentinel | 9 is now offering educational courses and specialised modules from its industry-leading university-level Business program. This package is usually provided via Higher Education partners, where it comes with a Degree upon completion. However, for individuals seeking valuable education and knowledge without the hassle of enrolling in university, Sentinel | 9 has redeveloped its resources into easily accessible learning content.
These resources are a perfect fit for individuals who want to sharpen their business skills, learn about new practices in business or wish to educate themselves in something new. The Sentinel | 9 material is developed with consultation from industry experts, professorial, doctoral, and postdoctoral in-house academics to ensure learning is of the highest quality.
Through this offering, users will now have access to high-quality, practical, on-demand resources across all aspects of business, including business strategy, business law, finance, marketing strategy, economics, organisation behaviour, leadership, human resources, accounting and more.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now