Apache Cassandra for Data Engineers
Learn everything about Apache Cassandra a modern NoSQL database management system.
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Apache Cassandra is a free and open-source, distributed, wide-column store, NoSQL database management system designed to handle large amounts of data across many commodity servers, providing high availability with no single point of failure. Cassandra offers support for clusters spanning multiple datacenters with asynchronous masterless replication allowing low latency operations for all clients.
One of the most valuable technology skills is the ability to handle large amounts of data across many commodity servers, providing high availability with no single point of failure. Cassandra offers support for clusters spanning multiple datacenters with asynchronous masterless replication allowing low latency operations for all clients, Apache Cassandra! The top technology companies like Google, Facebook, Netflix, Airbnb, Amazon, NASA, and more are all using Apache Cassandra!
Cassandra is used by thousands of companies with large active data sets. Adstage, Best Buy, Constant Contact, Coursera, Data Cloud, Outbrain etc. A NoSQL database (originally referring to “non SQL” or “non relational”) is a database that provides a mechanism to store and retrieve data other than the tabular relations used in relational databases. These databases are schema-free, support easy replication, have simple API, eventually consistent, and can handle huge amounts of data.
Focus on Quality
You’re In Control
Security and Observability
What will you learn in this course:
- Understanding of basic architecture of Apache Cassandra
- Installing and Configuring Apache Cassandra
- Learn Data Modeling with Apache Cassandra
- Learn Cassandra Query Language (CQL)
- Learn Data Type, User Defined Types, Create, Use, Alter, Drop - KeySpace , Create, Alter, Drop, Truncate - Table, Select, Insert, Update, Delete and Batch
- Statement, Arithmetic Operators , Secondary Indexes, Functions - Scalar and Aggregate
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Basic Database Management system knowledge is needed
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction 04:46 04:46
- What is Apache Cassandra? 05:24 05:24
- What is No-SQL 01:46 01:46
- Can Relational Database work for Bigdata 04:55 04:55
Apache Cassandra Installation
Cassandra Query Language (CQL)
Apache Cassandra Architecture
Integration of Apache Spark with Cassandra
I am Solution Architect with 12+ year’s of experience in Banking, Telecommunication and Financial Services industry across a diverse range of roles in Credit Card, Payments, Data Warehouse and Data Center programmes
My role as Bigdata and Cloud Architect to work as part of Bigdata team to provide Software Solution.
- Support all Hadoop related issues
- Benchmark existing systems, Analyse existing system challenges/bottlenecks and Propose right solutions to eliminate them based on various Big Data technologies
- Analyse and Define pros and cons of various technologies and platforms
- Define use cases, solutions and recommendations
- Define Big Data strategy
- Perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments
- Define pragmatic Big Data solution based on customer requirements analysis
- Define pragmatic Big Data Cluster recommendations
- Educate customers on various Big Data technologies to help them understand pros and cons of Big Data
- Data Governance
- Build Tools to improve developer productivity and implement standard practices
I am sure the knowledge in these courses can give you extra power to win in life.
All the best!!
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now