- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Answer the following:
(a) Which hormone is responsible for the changes noticed in females at puberty?
(b) Dwarfism results due to deficiency of which hormone?
(c) Blood sugar level rises due to deficiency of which hormone?
(d) Iodine is necessary for the synthesis of which hormone?
(a) Estrogen hormone is responsible for the changes noticed in females at puberty.
(b) Dwarfism occurs due to the deficiency of growth hormone.
(c) The deficiency of Insulin hormone leads to a rise in blood sugar levels.
(d) Iodine is necessary for the synthesis of the thyroxine hormone.
Estrogen - Estrogen is a hormone produced by the ovaries of the female, which functions to control the development of female sex organs (fallopian tubes, uterus), and female characteristics such as high pitched voice, enlargement of mammary glands (breasts), initiation of ovulation and menstruation widening of pelvis and hips.
Thyroxine - Thyroxine is a hormone, produced by the thyroid gland which stimulates the metabolic rate. It controls the speed at which oxygen and food products react to release energy for the body to use.
Insulin - Insulin is a hormone released from the pancreas into the bloodstream so that it can reach different parts of the body and regulate the blood sugar (glucose) level in the body.
The deficiency of insulin causes diabetes, so diabetic patients are treated by giving insulin injections into their bodies.
Growth Hormone - The pituitary gland secretes the growth hormone. The effect of the following on a person is given below:
(i) Deficiency of growth hormone: Dwarfism
(ii) Excess secretion of growth hormone: Gigantism
- Related Articles
- Iodine is necessary for the synthesis of which of the following hormone?(a) adrenaline (b) auxin (c) thyroxine (d) insulin
- Dwarfism results due to:(a) excessive secretion of thyroxine hormone (b)excessive secretion of growth hormone (c) less secretion of adrenaline hormone (d) less secretion of growth hormone "
- Name the disorder by which person is likely to suffer due to the deficiency of the hormone testosterone.
- Which plant hormone is responsible for the wilting and falling of leaves ?
- Which of the following hormone prepares our body for action in emergency situations?(a)testosterone (b)growth hormone (c)adrenaline (d)insulin
- Which halogen element is necessary for the making of thyroxine hormone by the thyroid gland?
- A gland W is located just below the stomach in the human body. The gland W secretes a hormone X. The deficiency of hormone X in the body causes a disease Y in which the blood sugar level of a person rises too much. The person having high blood sugar is called Z.(a) Name (i) gland W, and (ii) hormone X.(b) What is the function of hormone X?(c) Name (i) disease Y, and (ii) person Z.(d) What advice would you like to give to a person who is suffering from disease Y due to faulty life-style?
- Which of the following is a plant hormone?(a) Insulin(b) Thyroxin(c) Oestrogen(d) Cytokinin.
- The hormone which is associated with male puberty is called:(a)oestrogen (b)adrenaline (c)testosterone (d)progesterone
- What will be the effect of the following on a person:(i) Deficiency of growth hormone(ii) Excess secretion of growth hormone
- Which gland secretes the growth hormone?
- Mr. Rohan is advised by his doctor to consume less sugar in his diet. Name the disease from which Mr. Rohan is suffering. Also mention the hormone due to imbalance of which he is suffering from this disease. Which endocrine gland secretes this hormone?
- What is adolescence? What are Secondary Sexual Characters and which hormone is responsible for this?
- Name the disease caused by the deficiency of insulin hormone in the body.
- Name the disease caused by the deficiency of thyroxine hormone in the body.