- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Animal cells divide by centrioles, but through which organelle does a plant cell divide?
The centrosome controls the cell division cycle and acts as the primary organizing hub for microtubules. The centrosome is the sole organelle that aids in cell division in both plant and other cells as well as animal cells.
Animal cells' cytoplasm contains a pair of barrel-shaped organelles called centrioles that are close to the nuclear envelope. Centrioles in the cell make it easier for chromosomes to separate during cell division. As a result, they are situated close to the nucleus. The replicated chromosomes bind to the spindle's fibres at their centromeres. In order for the two future daughter cells to each have a pair of chromosomes, the spindle fibers assist in pulling sister chromatids apart into opposing poles.
Although plant cells lack centrioles, they can nevertheless create a mitotic spindle from the area of the cell called the centrosome that is slightly outside of the nuclear membrane.
Like animal cells, they go through the same stages of mitosis: prophase, metaphase, anaphase, and telophase, followed by cytokinesis. Cytokinesis, which marks the conclusion of mitosis, is completed in plants by the formation of a cell plate from vesicles inside the cell. The components inside the vesicles come together during telophase to create the expanding cell plate, which finally fuses with the cell membrane. In the end, it splits the cytoplasm into two daughter cells, and then it eventually becomes a component of the cell wall.
The microtubule is an organelle that is essential for plant cell division. Different microtubule-organizing centers are used by plant and fungi cell types to arrange their microtubules. After that, the microtubules undergo a significant reorganization to enable directed mitosis in the absence of centrosomes.
- MySQL query to divide column by 100?
- Divide one polynomial by another in Python
- Handling the Divide by Zero Exception in C++
- Divide one Hermite series by another in Python
- Divide one Laguerre series by another in Python
- Divide one Legendre series by another in Python
- Divide one Chebyshev series by another in Python
- Divide one Hermite_e series by another in Python
- Which cute animal matches your personality?
- How to catch a divide by zero error in C++?
- MongoDB divide aggregation operator?
- Divide Chocolate in C++
- Infinity or Exception in C# when divide by 0?
- How to capture divide by zero exception in C#?
- Infinity or exception in Java when divide by 0?
- How to capture divide by zero exception in Java?