Android SQLite Programming for Beginners
Build your first Android SQLite Database App in one hour with Android Studio and Java. Brush-up your SQL knowledge.
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Welcome to the Android SQLite Programming for Beginners course where you’ll learn to create database-driven apps step-by-step with Android & SQLite. My name is Sandip and I’ll be leading you through the course.
I began my career as a Database Programmer and have created many database-driven web apps or websites, over the last 12 years. I’ve also published a few database-driven Android apps in Google Play Store. So, I happen to know about SQLite database programming and in this Android SQLite tutorial, I’ll show you exactly how to create a simple CRUD app using Android Studio and Java.
I designed this course for anyone seeking to develop their first database app. By the end of the course, you’ll be able to understand and create your first app with SQLite, with confidence. You’ll be able to brush-up your SQL knowledge. I have covered:
- Overview of SQLite Database
- How to create a project in Android Studio
- How to program a basic CRUD app with search functionality
- Brush-up the basic SQL queries using DB Browser for SQLite
- How to use a pre-created Database file in an app
The ideal student for this course is a beginner android developer who wants to expand on their current skills. Feel free to take a look through the sample videos and I look forward to seeing you inside.
What will you learn in this course:
- You’ll be able to understand and create your first CRUD app with confidence.
- You’ll be able to brush-up your SQL knowledge.
- You’ll be able to use a pre-created database file in an app.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- We'll be using Java, and since it's an OOP language, it's truly important to learn OOP fundamentals first. One of my courses titled "Object Oriented Programming Fundamentals" teaches that. Note that, it does not teach Java specifi
- You should have Android Studio installed.
- You should have a basic programming knowledge like variables, if-else, loops, methods.
- We'll be using DB Browser for SQLite software as SQLite editor / SQLite manager.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Introduction to Android SQLite Programming for Beginners
- A brief overview of SQLite Database 02:36 02:36
- Important Update: Must read before you proceed!
- Source Codes
Using SQLite Database with Android
ListView with SQLite Database
RecyclerView with SQLite Database
Android + SQLite - Build a Dictionary App
Sandip BhattacharyaSoftware Development Teacher, Developer, Entrepreneur
Hello, I am Sandip and I am a Programmer, YouTuber, Online Course Creator, and Entrepreneur from India. I have 13 years of overall programming and teaching experience including Android apps and game development, Web development, and multiple programming languages like C, C++, Java and PHP/MySQL. I obtained my B. Tech and M. Tech degree, both in Computer Science & Engineering. Intellectual Curiosity, Creativity, and Deep Honesty are the three pillars of my life.
I have trained many aspirant computer science students and software professionals one-on-one in various software practices all over the world. I am currently creating online courses for different online learning platforms and working from Kolkata, India. I have over 27000 online students from 163 countries in my 7 courses so far. Isn't it amazing?
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now