An Introduction to Financial Markets
From financial products to the functioning of financial markets
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Do you want to understand the financial press, and especially the section on financial markets and products?
Do you want to start a career in financial markets?
Or do you want to improve your knowledge to become an expert in how to create stakeholder value?
This course will make sure that you can respond to the answers positively in a very fast pace!
This course includes 16 lectures giving you the basics about financial markets and financial products. Specifically, you will learn about:
* Different types of finance: corporate finance, asset management and financial market infrastructures
* Equity finance
* How to buy listed shares, including the role of trading venues, brokers. Also the concepts of market orders, limited orders and stop loss orders are explained.
* Fixed income securities, such as corporate bonds, government bonds and convertible bonds. Also an introduction to asset-based securities is provided.
* Money market instruments, such as repurchase agreements and commercial paper.
* Derivatives: options, futures, forwards, and swaps
* Structured products
* Short selling and dark pools
* Financial intermediaries and banks where commercial banks and investment banks are compared.
* Clearing and settlement
* Portfolio management: the difference between active vs. passive management
* Fundamental analysis (including ratio analysis).
* Technical analysis, where historical stock prices are used to predict future ones.
What will you learn in this course:
- Knowledge of the main financial instruments (equity, fixed income, money market instruments, and derivatives).
- Knowledge on how the entire trade lifecycle works and the different actors (trading venues, investment banks, brokers, central counterparties,etc.).
- Knowledge on the difference between fundamental and technical analysis
- Knowledge about the difference between active and passive portfolio management
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Welcome movie 00:46 00:46
- Welcome by the lecturer 06:59 06:59
Different types of finance
Overview of the main financial products
Shortselling and dark pools
Clearing and settlement
Financial intermediaries and banks
Fundamental vs technical analysis
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now