- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
An element X which is a yellow solid at room temperature shows catenation and allotropy. X forms two oxides which are also formed during the thermal decomposition of ferrous sulphate crystals and are the major air pollutants.
(a) Identify the element X
(b) Write the electronic configuration of X
(c) Write the balanced chemical equation for the thermal decomposition of ferrous sulphate crystals?
(d) What would be the nature (acidic/ basic) of oxides formed?
(e) Locate the position of the element in the Modern Periodic Table.
(a) Element X is Sulphur.
(b) Its electronic configuration is 2,8,6.
(c) The balanced chemical equation for the thermal decomposition of ferrous sulphate crystals is shown below:
$2FeSO_4 \rightarrow Fe_2O_3 + SO_2 + SO_3$
(d) The oxides of Sulphur are acidic in nature.
(e) Sulphur is placed in Group 16 Period 3 of the Modern periodic table.
- Write a C macro PRINT(x) which prints x
- Program to filter all values which are greater than x in an array
- Find an integer X which is divisor of all except exactly one element in an array in Python
- Find an integer X which is divisor of all except exactly one element in an array in C++
- Find the multiple of x which is closest to a^b in C++
- Count of values of x <= n for which (n XOR x) = (n – x) in C++
- Write down the MySQL query which shows equality condition?
- Write down the MySQL query which shows inequality condition?
- Find the number of integers x in range (1,N) for which x and x+1 have same number of divisors in C++
- Sum of first N natural numbers which are divisible by X or Y
- Count all prefixes of the given binary array which are divisible by x in C++
- Evaluate a polynomial at points x and x is broadcast over the columns of r for the evaluation in Python
- Rearrangement of a number which is also divisible by it in C++
- Find the element before which all the elements are smaller than it, and after which all are greater in Python
- Selenium Exception Error - Element is not clickable at point (x,y). Other element would receive the click
- Program to find smallest index for which array element is also same as index in Python