- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
An electric current can produce
$(a)$. heating effect
$(b)$. chemical effect
$(c)$. magnetic effect
$(d)$. chemical, heating and magnetic effects
An electric current can produce a chemical effect, heating effect, and magnetic effect. When a current is passed through a solution, the chemical reaction caused by an electric current is known as the chemical effect of an electric current.
When an electric current is passed in a filament, the temperature of the filament gets raised and heat is produced. This is called the heating effect of an electric current.
When an electric current is passed through a wire, then a magnetic field is produced around the wire which is said to be the magnetic effect of an electric current.
Therefore, option $(d)$ is correct.
- Related Articles
- Electroplating is based on:(a) heating effect of electricity(b) chemical effect of electricity(c) physical effect of electricity(d) magnetic effect of electricity
- An MCB which cuts off the electricity supply in case of short-circuiting or overloading works on the:(a) chemical effect of current (b) heating effect of current (c) magnetic effect of current (d) electroplating effect of current
- Heating Effect of Electric Current
- When electric current is passed through a conducting solution, there is a change of colour of the solution. This indicates$(a)$. the chemical effect of current $(b)$. the heating effect of current$(c)$. the magnetic effect of current $(d)$. the lightning effect of current
- Name two electric devices for each where $(i)$. heating effect of current is used and $(ii)$. magnetic effect of current is used.
- Explain the term: Heating effect of electric current.
- The Heating Effect of Current
- What are practical applications of heating effect of electric current?
- Describe an experiment to show the chemical effect of electric current.
- The magnetic effect of current was discovered by:(a) Maxwell (b) Fleming (c) Oersted (d) Faraday
- Name the scientist who discovered the magnetic effect of current.
- Name one device which works on the magnetic effect of current.
- Is magnetic effect directly or indirectly proportional to area?
- A mixture of sulphur and carbon disulphide is :(a) heterogeneous and shows Tyndall effect(b) homogeneous and shows Tyndall effect(c) heterogeneous and does not show Tyndall effect(d) homogeneous and does not show Tyndall effect
- Media Effect: Framing Effects, Agenda-Setting, and Priming