A-Z Selenium WebDriver Locators (CSS, Xpath, more)
Unique techniques to create impeccable selectors
Updated on Oct, 2023
Language - English
Duration -3 hours
Students will be perfectly equipped to find the best locator after acquiring the knowledge in this course. In this course students will learn a well defined and highly effective system to help them find the best locator for their needs. With easy set of rules to follow they will not need to change locators because they are flaky. Also, with this set of rules it will be easy to find the fastest and most powerful locator. This will help to reduce the execution time of the tests and avoid some common mistakes that slows them down and makes them easy to fail. This course provides the students with the knowledge for finding the best suitable locator between the most common locators like id, class, partial or full text, Xpath and CSS. Also, students will be able to tell which locators are least likely to change and break over time and changes in the application/ website. Finally students will learn about how to find elements in the inspect elements tab, locator chaining, what is a search context, how to define search context, how to select a unique element between a list of equal elements in the HTML, what is a DOM Tree.
What will you learn in this course:
- You will learn how to find and design the best possible Selenium locators and what makes them tick. What are the most frequent mistakes in choosing a selector and how to avoid them. You will learn about speed of each selector and how to find the best performing selector. What is chaining of selectors and how to do that in code or in the inspect elements tab. You will learn the most advanced xpath and css selectors.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
Some knowledge about Selenium WebDriver
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- What are Selenium Selectors 03:05 03:05
- Basic selectors in Selenium 07:02 07:02
- Inspect elements tab 02:57 02:57
- The most important rules when choosing a selector Part1 05:34 05:34
- The most important rules when choosing a selector Part2 09:41 09:41
- Dom structure relationships explained 09:55 09:55
- Selectors and their speed 06:34 06:34
Real life examples
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now