- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
A wooden spoon is dipped in a cup of ice cream. Its other end
$(a)$. becomes cold by the process of conduction.
$(b)$. becomes cold by the process of convection.
$(c)$. becomes cold by the process of radiation.
$(d)$. does not become cold.
The correct answer is: $(d)$. does not become cold.
When a wooden spoon is dipped in a cup of ice cream. Its other end does not become cold.
Wood is not a good conductor of heat. So there is no heat transfer through the wood materials. Heat can not be transferred through any materials that are poor conductors of heat. So, it can't allow heat to pass through any of the processes. On dipping one end of a wooden spoon in a cup of ice cream, the temperature of its other end will remain the same as there is no heat transfer occurring between both ends.
So, its end can't become cold by any of the processes given below-
The process of conduction.
The process of convection.
The process of radiation.
Therefore, the other end of the spoon does not become cold when the wooden spoon is dipped into a cup of ice cream.
So, option $(d)$ is correct.
- Related Articles
- A cold steel spoon is dipped in a cup of hot milk heat is transferred to it other and by the process of what?
- Fill in the blanks :(a) The hotness of an object is determined by its __________.(b) Temperature of boiling water cannot be measured by a_____________ thermometer.(c) Temperature is measured in degree ______________.(d) No medium is required for transfer of heat by the process of__________.(e) A cold steel spoon is dipped in a cup of hot milk. Heat is transferred to its other end by the process of ______________.(f) Clothes of ______________ colours absorb more heat better thanclothes of light colours.
- A car is accelerated on a levelled road and attains a velocity 4 times of its initial velocity. In this process the potential energy of the car$(a)$. does not change$(b)$. becomes twice to that of initial$(c)$. becomes 4 times that of initial$(d)$. becomes 16 times that of initial
- Why does the hot tea become cold after sometime?
- Why the fire does not extinguish in cold?
- If the velocity of a body is doubled its kinetic energy:a. gets doubled b. becomes half c. does not change d. becomes 4 times
- A car is accelerated on a levelled road and attains a speed of 4 times its initial speed. In this process, the kinetic energy of the car:(a) does not change(b) becomes 4 times that of initial kinetic energy(c) becomes 8 times that of initial kinetic energy(d) becomes 16 times that of initial kinetic energy
- 6 Signs its More Than a Cold
- A cold drink manufacturer's company packed 652 boxes with a cold drink. If each box contains 245 bottles of cold drink then estimate the total number of bottles to the nearest ten?
- How does the water inside a clay pot get cold?
- The Best Way to Treat a Cold
- Cold Urticaria
- Which of the following are matter?Chair, air, love, smell, hate, almonds, thought, cold, cold-drink, smell of perfume.
- Integration of Europe post-Cold War
- Is a snake is a cold-blooded animal?