- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
A wooden spoon is dipped in a cup of ice cream. Its other end
$(a)$. becomes cold by the process of conduction.
$(b)$. becomes cold by the process of convection.
$(c)$. becomes cold by the process of radiation.
$(d)$. does not become cold.
The correct answer is: $(d)$. does not become cold.
When a wooden spoon is dipped in a cup of ice cream. Its other end does not become cold.
Wood is not a good conductor of heat. So there is no heat transfer through the wood materials. Heat can not be transferred through any materials that are poor conductors of heat. So, it can't allow heat to pass through any of the processes. On dipping one end of a wooden spoon in a cup of ice cream, the temperature of its other end will remain the same as there is no heat transfer occurring between both ends.
So, its end can't become cold by any of the processes given below-
The process of conduction.
The process of convection.
The process of radiation.
Therefore, the other end of the spoon does not become cold when the wooden spoon is dipped into a cup of ice cream.
So, option $(d)$ is correct.
- How does the water inside a clay pot get cold?
- Maximize the value of A by replacing some of its digits with digits of B in C++
- What is the process of pipelining?
- What is the process of KDD?
- What is the purpose of a process control block (PCB)?
- What are the different states of a Process?
- The Five Stages of a Capital Budgeting Process
- How to Kill a Process by Name in Linux?
- What is the Process of Text Mining?
- Show that the whole compilation process for statement A = B * C + 20, where A, B, C are of real types
- What ice-cream flavor is absolutely disgusting?
- How to traverse a process tree of Process API in Java 9?
- Count the number of threads in a process on linux
- What is a Network and process of Network Communications?
- Finding sum of digits of a number until sum becomes single digit in C++
- What is the process of data warehouse design?