- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
A sulphate salt of Group 2 element of the Periodic Table is a white, soft substance, which can be moulded into different shapes by making its dough. When this compound is left in the open for some time, it becomes a solid mass and cannot be used for moulding purposes. Identify the sulphate salt, and why does it show such behaviour? Give the reaction involved.
Calcium belongs to group 2. Calcium sulphate is a white soft substance. It is known as Plaster of Paris, which can be moulded into different shapes by making its dough.
When Plaster of Paris is left for some time in open, it turns into a solid mass because of a reaction with moisture present in the atmosphere. The solid mass so formed is known as gypsum and cannot be further used for moulding.
The chemical equation is given below:
$CaSO_4.1/2H_2O+ H_2O + 1/2H_2O→CaSO_4.2H_2O$
Plaster of Paris Gypsum
- Count of numbers which can be made power of 2 by given operation in C++
- Who was the inventor of Periodic Table?
- How can Bokeh be used to visualize different shapes of data points in Python?
- What are the different shapes of galaxies?
- Sort a MySQL table column value by part of its value?
- Program to group a set of points into k different groups in Python
- Detection of Periodic Signals in the Presence of Noise (by Autocorrelation)
- How can I get all the records of a table by passing its name as the parameter of MySQL stored procedure?
- Check If every group of a is followed by a group of b of same length in Python
- How can we add values into the columns of a MySQL table?
- GROUP BY a column in another MySQL table
- Detection of Periodic Signals in the Presence of Noise (by Cross-Correlation)
- What is the method with the help of which the hexadecimal value can be treated as a number?
- Add arguments element-wise with different shapes in Numpy
- Multiply arguments element-wise with different shapes in Numpy
- Subtract arguments element-wise with different shapes in Numpy