- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
A spherical mirror and a thin spherical lens have each a focal length of -15 cm. The
mirror and the lens are likely to be
(a) both concave.
(b) both convex.
(c) the mirror is concave and the lens is convex.
(d) the mirror is convex, but the lens is concave.
$(a)$ both concave
Let us know some details about the concave mirror and concave lens.
If a hollow sphere is cut into parts and the outer surface of the cut part is painted, then it becomes a mirror with its inner surface as the reflecting surface and is known as a concave mirror.
A concave lens is a lens that diverges a straight light beam from the source to a diminished, upright, virtual image.
Sign convention for concave mirror and concave lens$\rightarrow$
According to the sign convention, the focal length for both a concave mirror and a concave lens is negative.
When a spherical mirror and a spherical lens each have a focal length of, $-15\ cm$, then the mirror and the lens are likely to be concave.
Therefore, option $(a)$ is correct.
- Java Program for focal length of a spherical mirror
- Python Program for the focal length of a spherical mirror
- The focal length of a spherical mirror in Python Program
- C Program for focal length of a lens
- How does a Lens antenna work?
- Can a C++ variable be both const and volatile?
- Can a class in Java be both final and abstract?
- Why can't a Java class be both abstract and final?
- Python Pandas - Create a Series with both the original index and name
- Python Pandas - Create a DataFrame with both the original index and name
- Count pairs (i,j) such that (i+j) is divisible by both A and B in C++
- How to cycle through both colours and linestyles on a matplotlib figure?
- How can I prepare a dish using both vermicelli and seviya?
- How to get the count of both present and absent students for a year in MySQL?
- Python Pandas - Create a closed time interval and check for existence of both the endpoints