- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
A solar water heater cannot be used to get hot water on
$(a)$ a sunny day
$(b)$ a cloudy day
$(c)$ a hot day
$(d)$ a windy day
Correct answer is: $(b)$ a cloudy day
A solar water heater is a device that converts solar energy into thermal energy. Without solar energy, it can't work. If a solar heater is used without sunlight, it will not work at all.
On a cloudy day:
A solar water heater cannot be used to get hot water on a cloudy day because it receives energy from the sun, and on a cloudy day, the sun does not appear.
On a sunny day:
Whereas on a sunny day the sun appears and a solar water heater converts sunlight energy into heat energy efficiently on a sunny day.
On a hot day:
The day can't get hot if the sun isn't appearing. a solar heater can be used on a hot day as there is a great chance of the presence of sunlight on a hot day.
On a windy day:
When the sun's sunlight falls on the earth, the land and the air there start heating up. Warm air is lighter than cold air, so it tends to rise upwards and the air pressure is decreased. Due to this air starts coming from the colder places of high pressure. This is said to be the wind blowing. So sunlight causes the wind to blow.
Therefore, a solar heater can be used on a windy day too.
- Subtracting a day in MySQL
- What is a Zero-Day Attack?
- How to prepare a purchase day book?
- How to prepare a sales day book?
- In what ways hot water is better over cold water to drink?
- Types of Electric Water Heater (Plate Heater, Immersion Water Heater, Geyser)
- How to Run a Cron Job Every Day on a Linux System
- How to get last day of a month in Python?
- Adding a day to a DATETIME format value in MySQL?
- Python Pandas - Get day of the month that a Period falls on
- How can I subtract a day from a Python date?
- In MYSQL, how can we store a date where the day, month or both month & day are zero? day are zero?
- Formatting day in d format in Java
- Get the day of week for a particular date in Java
- Convert day of year to day of month in Java