- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
A silver article generally turns black when kept in the open for a few days. The article when rubbed with toothpaste again starts shining.
(a) Why do silver articles turn black when kept in the open for a few days? Name the phenomenon involved. (b) Name the black substance formed and give its chemical formula.
$2Ag + H_2S →Ag_2S + H_2$
(a) Silver reacts with H2S present in the atmosphere to form a black colour compound Silver Sulphide. This phenomenon is called corrosion.
(b) The black colour compound formed is Silver Sulphide (Ag2S).
- HTML DOM Article Object
- Python module Newspaper for Article scraping & curation?
- Execute a script when the browser starts to work online in HTML?
- Execute a script when the browser starts to work offline in HTML?
- Which is the most common lost article in India?
- How to add an article in HTML5?
- Few mistakes when using Python dictionary
- What is the usage of <section> and <article> elements? Why they were introduced?
- Write a C program to find out profit or loss in buying an article
- Background ListView becomes black when scrolling in Android?
- Set a CSS style for the element when the animation is not playing
- What is the execution result when a DB2 program is compiled and bound on separate days?
- What is the execution result when a DB2 program is compiled and binded on separate days?
- MySQL SELECT last few days?
- When and why artillery invented?
- OnInit method is not getting called again when navigating back and forth from a view in SAPUI5