- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
A metal carbonate X on reacting with acid gives a gas which when passed through a solution Y gives the carbonate back. On the other hand, a gas G that is obtained at the anode during electrolysis of brine is passed on dry Y, and it gives a compound Z, used for disinfecting drinking water. Identity X, Y, G and Z.
Calcium carbonate gives carbon dioxide gas when reacts with hydrochloric acid. X is Calcium carbonate.
When calcium carbonate reacts with HCl, it gives out CO2 gas.
$CaCO_3 + HCl→ CaCl_2+CO_2+H_2O$
When CO2 is passed through lime water, it turns milky due to the formation of Calcium carbonate.
Hence, solution Y is lime water.
On the electrolysis of brine, chlorine gas is deposited over anode which gives calcium oxychloride (Bleaching powder) on passing over slaked lime.
Bleaching powder is used for disinfecting drinking water.
X is calcium carbonate.
Solution Y is lime water (Calcium hydroxide).
Gas G is chlorine gas.
Dry Y is dry calcium hydroxide (dry slaked lime).
Compound Z is bleaching powder (Calcium oxychloride).
- Gas Metal Arc Welding: Working Principle, Advantages and Applications
- Other than Insurance, which product gives me more return than Fixed Deposit?
- Find the node whose absolute difference with X gives maximum value in C++
- Interface Arduino with Gas Sensor
- What are the components of a typical Gas Turbine Power Plant?
- Gas Station in C++
- Check whether the point (x, y) lies on a given line in Python
- Evaluate a 2D Legendre series on the Cartesian product of x and y in Python
- Evaluate a 2-D polynomial on the Cartesian product of x and y in Python
- How to plot values with log scales on x and y axis or on a single axis in R?
- Evaluate a 3-D polynomial on the Cartesian product of x, y and z in Python
- Evaluate a 2-D Chebyshev series on the Cartesian product of x and y in Python
- Evaluate a 2-D Hermite series on the Cartesian product of x and y in Python
- Evaluate a 2-D Laguerre series on the Cartesian product of x and y in Python
- Evaluate a 3D Legendre series on the Cartesian product of x, y and z in Python
- Evaluate a 2-D Hermite_e series on the Cartesian product of x and y in Python